Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This and That

Lindsy has the copyright on "Ramblings" so I decided to call this post This & That since it's chalked full of a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It's a long one people. Just to prepare you.

I was out of the office on Friday so when I opened my e-mail Monday morning I was very excited to see an e-mail from a college friend that I hadn't talked to or seen in years. It was great to hear from her. She never told me how she found my e-mail address but we had a great time today catching up over e-mail. I love keeping in touch with people but I am really horrible at it. I will sometimes stop and think how I haven't talked to someone in a while and I try and think about the last contact I had with them and I am really embarrassed to think about the amount of time that has passed. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you are an old friend of mine and you wonder why I don't e-mail anymore, than e-mail me first. Chances are I am just oblivious to the fact that we haven't spoken in 10 years.

This past weekend we had family pictures. We were supposed to have them outside but Saturday turned out to be rainy, cold and windy. So instead we ended up in town at the photographers studio. The studio was on the 3rd floor of an old building downtown. All of the building downtown in Wellington are the old historic looking buildings so we were surprised to see an elevator and debated on if it even worked. We didn't think we could get grandma up three flights of stairs so we decided to give the elevator a try. Dad and grandma got in the elevator and Steve started to step in with Will. Jama stopped him and said she didn't want Will riding in that old elevator and she made them get out. We all thought it was funny that she didn't care if dad and grandma got in it. We had a blast with the pictures and a blast all weekend. Jama and Byron said that the genetic Shoemakers gang up on the non-genetic Shoemaker. I think she is just mad because she didn't win a single round of UNO.

I have decided that it is a rule if you are going to be a pharmacist at the CVS on Santa Fe and Danforth that you must be good looking. I think it might be on the application for pharmacy school or at least on the CVS application. Of course I would go in there after having just walked at the park with a basket full of halloween candy, little kiddie toys and a box of Fruity Pebbles. Not to worry though, I managed to work into the conversation that having nephews was expensive. He bought it and told me all about his nieces and nephews. What I failed to mention was that the Fruity Pebble were actually for me.

Speaking of Fruity Pebbles. I love them! I usually get nice plain boring cereal but for some reason I wanted Fruity Pebbles. I could probably eat a whole entire box in one sitting. I remember when we were kids that my mom would do monthly grocery shopping. Each month she would let us kids take turns picking out a "special" cereal. I always picked Fruity Pebbles. Steve always picked Cookie Crisp. I can still eat Fruity Pebbles but thinking about eating little chocolate chip cookie cereal makes me want to barf.

I don’t think I ever mentioned how long the 52 ounce bag of M&M’s lasted in my candy jar. Exactly 1 week and 1 day. Then I got peppermint patties and now I have Whoppers. I like Whoppers well enough, but if I had to rank all the candy in the world Whoopers would be low on my list. So in order to expedite the Whoopers being gone I am eating as many of them as I can, because I know as soon as the Whoopers are gone something else will appear.

Isaac had his second round of CT scans and kidney scans on Friday. I was off so I went to the hospital with Tammy. In order to do the CT scan they have to sedate him because he is scared of the machine and in order to get a clear reading he needs to be completely still. It’s always a traumatic time for him and for Tammy and it’s a relief when it is over. On Friday he was fighting sleep so they had to keep pumping him full of morphine and numerous other drugs until he finally relaxed enough and went to sleep. The scan took about 15 minutes and then we had to try and wake him up. Poor little guy was so high on morphine. He was slurring his words and he kept telling me the room was spinning. He kept talking to me about his jelly sandwich and how much cheese he had in his lunch sack. He also kept asking me how much I loved him. Deeper than the ocean or bigger than the sky. I had to pick one before he would be satisfied. It was so sad but it was also the cutest thing I have ever seen. We won’t talk about what happened when he came down off his high. Let’s just say they will never again be allowed to give him whatever drugs they gave him. It was horrible. Tammy got word yesterday that his chest was clear and that his kidneys were within the normal range. Now they just have to get through the MRI and all will be good. My family thanks God every day for another clear scan!

So there it is.....Hopefully this post will make up for the fact that I haven't posted in a few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

You can use Ramblings anytime, but I like This and That. It's cute!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home