Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Boys Are So Weird

This is my office.

It’s not a great picture and it doesn’t do it justice. Ask anyone they will tell you that I got the primo office! In order to get light in from the outside to the workstations across from my office they cut these big windows in my wall. This was a great idea and it lets the natural light flow through. Of course now I finally got my blinds, so in the morning they are shut, pretty much blocking out any natural light, but at least I can see my phone display, computer and adding machine. Sorry people across the hall.

What I don’t think they counted on when they designed the office space was the fact that the guys in this office view these windows as their own personal source of endless entertainment. One co-worker in particular takes much delight in trying to entertain me and on occasion he will do it when I have someone in my office so that I can see him but my guest cannot since their back is to the windows. Here are some of their favorite antics.

The Walker: An oldie but goodie in their minds. They walk by my windows as they bend their knees and get lower and lower so it looks like they are walking down stairs. This normally would work great but the windows pretty much go to the floor so basically they just look like guys with bended knees walking by my windows. Sometimes they come in and position my chairs so that they at least block a portion of the windows so that at least it will look more realistic. Nice try, but my chairs are not that tall so they still look like idiots.

The Rower: One co-worker who is the biggest window offender has started a new one where he starts at one end of my window in a bent knee position so it looks like he is sitting and as he walks by my windows he moves his arms like he is paddling a canoe. See what I mean. These guys are brilliant (you noted my sarcasm here right)

Superman: A guy from next door will come over on occasion and what he does has actually become my favorite. I hope I can explain this so you all can picture it. If not I will have to take a picture sometime. He will come over and hide behind the wall and then he will bend at the waist so that all I see is his head and torso then he will stick his arms out straight out if front of him so it looks like he is flying. He does the facial expressions and everything.

What I find most entertaining about all of these is the fact that they get so entertained doing them. Generally they end up cracking themselves up or not liking their first pass by so they will go back and do it again. I guess what I should be most thankful for is the fact that they don’t just stand there and make faces.

Oh wait, they do do that. I’m surrounded by geniuses

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Hey at least they're trying to be funny. One of our minister's pointed out today that because of where my office is, someone could walk in, point a gun at me and I would be dead before anyone ever knew he was there...but they would have it on tape!!! Thanks, I feel a lot better now!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Long Lost cousin brad has returned to Suzy's Blog. I'm here to official announce that I have covertly obtained the email addresses of Suzy's co-workers. I have provided them a Top 10 Most Annoying things to do to people that have offices with big floor to ceiling windows. Sorry Suzy but Boys are weird that way.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Nice try CB....they already have that list. Glad your back. Now I can call you my favorite again.

Poor Stacey. Such a comforting, gentle place you work. I will take comfort in the fact that at least the people in my office would know if I was going to get shot. It would be kind of hard to miss. Plus we have all these great key pad locks on all the doors now so it's near impossible to get in unnoticed. I can give you the name of the company that installed them if you want to get one for your office door.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home