Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's Going to Be One of Those Days

Do you ever have one of those mornings when you wake up in a fairly decent mood and think to yourself, I think today is going to be a good day and then something happens and you now start saying, It’s going to be one of THOSE days.

Well, today is going to be one of those days for me and here is why.

On my way to work this morning, I made two stops. Stop one was to a bank to pick up some loan papers for work. Stop two was to Panera. I haven’t been to Panera in a long, long time. It’s not convenient anymore (which is probably a good thing) so this morning I decided that since I was in a good mood, I was going to treat myself to a bagel. I stood in line for ages. There were two people in front of me buying out the pastry counter and there were at least 10 people in line behind me. I finally got my bagel. Spent some quality time at the coffee bar and headed to work.

I got to work. Talked to a couple of co-workers and then headed up to an office at the front to tell another co-worker that I would not be able to close my lot today because the bank messed up the loan papers (another reason it was going to be one of those days). At least 2 times during this conversation I turned to leave and he called me back for something. The last time I turned around another co-worker caught my eye and told me to stop by her office before heading back to mine. I stepped into her office and this was what she said to me.

Co-worker: “I just have one quick question for you before you go back to your office.”

Suzy: “What is that?”

Co worker: “Do you make it a common practice to wear your tags on the outside.”

Suzy: “Did I forget to cut a tag off.”

Co-worker: “No. You’re wearing your shirt wrong side out.”

Sure enough, I had been to the bank and to Panera with my shirt on wrong side out.

It’s going to be one of those days!

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the good laugh, Suzy. That's hilarious! Sorry to laugh at your expense. I hope your day gets better.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Your welcome! I should have added that this same co-worker also happens to have a closet in her office so she shut me in there while I took it off and corrected the situation.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Let me guess what co-worker this was. That's funny.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I am sure your guess would be correct. Luckily I was not wearing purple today so she didn't throw a fit.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

#1. I am thankful that it is Tuesday and thus closer to Friday.

#2. The fact that you get cookies today makes me feel worse not better. Although, I am trying to get cookies out of the title company that gave the bank the wrong lot and block that messed up my bank papers so ask me later how my day is.

#3. I do get to see you tonight and that does brighten my day but if you will remember we are meeting at Panera which makes me remember I was there with my shirt on backwards.

Now I feel stupid again. Thanks Lindsy!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

It's funny how the comments pour in when I tell a humiliating story on myself. Sorry about the cookies. We didn't get any here either. Maybe we can get one tonight at Panera to make up for it and I promise to have my cloths on correctly.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home