Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Table

Exciting things are happening at the office this week. We are finally getting our conference room table tomorrow. We have been anxiously awaiting the day it would be delivered and that day has finally arrived. It is almost exciting as the day we got the water cooler. Almost.

I have a feeling that this delivery will not go off without a hitch. Let me tell you about the conference room table. The base has been under construction by the contractors downstairs in what we call the cabinet chop shop. They have taken a large portion of the downstairs and have turned in into their own private cabinet building business. They have also been doing a lot of staining and painting down there as well so it is always fun to head to that end of the building when you need a little pick me up. So the base is under construction at the same time that the granite company is making the top for the table and finally the two pieces shall meet. Hopefully it will be a match made in heaven. I spoke to the granite guy on Friday to tell him we were ready for delivery. They will be delivering a 10 ft. x 6 ft. granite top conference table and a 5 ft. x 2 ft. buffet table. I love it when subcontractors are brutally honest. His final comment to me was…. “You guys better make pretty darn sure you know exactly where you are going put this sucker it in the room because it will be darn near impossible to move after that.” Man, I can already see the direction this is going. All these guys holding this incredibly heavy table and all of us standing in there going…..Now a little to the left. No that’s too far. No scoot it down just about ½ inch.

My other thought was how on earth they were going to get this thing upstairs. I am pretty sure there is not an elevator big enough for this piece of granite. I’m hoping that they have to use the big crane again. Then all the lawyers upstairs will be impressed that we had to have a crane deliver something too.

Either way, it should be pretty exciting or maybe at least a trip to the emergency room.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I have a feeling the table top would be over the elevator weight limit even if it would fit. What time are they delivering? If I need some entertainment, I might stop by. ;o)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I'm not sure about the exact time yet but if things get exciting I will give you a call. Plus I plan on taking pictures.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home