Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

On Tuesday night I attended a Redhawks baseball game. Here are a few highlights from the evening.

The Weather: It was beautiful. If was in the 70’s by nightfall and it was perfect. Just the type of weather where you might need long sleeves or a light jacket but could still wear shorts. You couldn’t have asked for a better evening.

The Tickets/Parking: We had great seats and a parking pass. So basically free & free (thanks Lindsy!). Our seats were right behind the Redhawks dugout, which Tonya liked because she is in love with #83, between home and 3rd but closer to home. Lots of pop flies but never anything in our section.

The Food: I probably had the best slice of Hideaway cheese pizza that I have ever eaten. It was Good with a capital G. I think that might be the first time I have ever eaten pizza at a baseball game.

The Announcer: You know the guy they have come out and narrate all those cheesy games. Well, this particular guy had an Australian accent. Jason leaned over told me that there was something just not right about going to an All American Baseball game and hearing an Australian announcer. That’s just wrong. Personally I don’t even think he was Australian. I think he was using the accent to pick up chicks, which is a highlight that is coming.

The Cheesy Games/Songs: Of course everyone loves the one where the little kid races Rowdy the Redhawk around the bases. Just once I would like to see Rowdy kick butt. Now that would be worth watching. They have added all these other games. Like horses racing and a video game batting contest. Our favorite was when they tried to get a Tuesday night Redhawks crowd to sing OKLAHOMA with hand motions and everything. The two marketing guys we had standing on our dugout where less than enthusiastic about their job. Matter of fact, they looked like they would rather be anywhere else but Oklahoma.

The Fans: We were not selected to participate in one game or song. Apparently you have to be completely drunk, female, and wearing very little clothing. 3 out of the 4 of us fit at least one of these things. I will let you all decide which one. Don’t ask me how in an arena that seats as many people as the Redhawks stadium they managed to find the hoochiest women. It was the highlight of my night to see the Australian announcer guy trying to teach one of them how to hit a cowbell.

More Fans: If you are not a female hoochie then you fall into the category of stupid drunk guys. There was one guy there that was so drunk he had no idea what he was saying. He heckled the players. He heckled other fans. He was so drunk that he didn’t even notice when Tonya started heckling him. All his buddies thought he was funny. His woman thought he was stupid, but she also got heckled because she was wearing glittery silver eye shadow.

The Game: It was a little slow in the middle but at the top of the 8th the Redhawks were a head by 4. Iowa came back with a homerun and scored 3 runs making the score Redhawks 5, Iowa 4. Luckily they struck out the next guy and the Redhawks added a win to their season.

Go Hawks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

How could I forget the screaming kids. I totally forgot about the one that felt up Rowdy. That might have been the funniest thing we saw that night.

I told Isaac about seeing Rowdy again and he said he didn't care becasue he was kind of scary and he didn't like him.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home