Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tealridge Is A Happenin' Place

This morning I attend the Edmond Chambers monthly Women’s Breakfast. The sponsor was Tealridge an Independent Retirement Community. Ever since I got to tour Touchmark at Coffee Creek that my company helped to bring to Edmond I have been trying to find a way to move into one of these locations. Listen to these perks:

No mowing-which I really don’t have to do thanks to my mystery mower
No home maintenance-no more borrowing Byron’s ladder to change those high light bulb or clean out those gutters that get filled with leaves.
Access to a Spa-can you say massage every day
Access to a Beauty Parlor-although I think they only know how to use those curlers with the prickly things sticking out of them. (Brings back bad memories of the Chickasha Beauty School. Yikes!)
Cooking-you can cook if you want to but if you don’t feel like it someone else will do it for you
Cleaning-Full maid service. Nough said!

So far the only plan I can come up to move into one of these locations is to find a MUCH older man who fits the minimum age requirement. After listening to one of the residence they brought with them this morning that is not too difficult if you live at Tealridge. This lady met her second husband there her first day and when he passed away she met another man and 6 months later they were married. She had 3 good men in her life and I can’t even find one!

So our mission is the same my single lady friends. To find a good man. Anyone under 55 need not apply!

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

Yeah! We can go to the beauty parlor and gossip or double date to an OC musical since I found out they get to attend all OC functions for free. Is that another perk?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Don't forget the free shuttle to church!!! Of course, you'll have to attend the Early Bird class and sing "Power in the Blood" hick style every Wednesday night. ;o)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You guys crack me up.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

We would have to still attend the singles class. We certainly can't move up to the Young Married Class since our husbands won't fit in that catagory. The shuttle thing is a HUGE PLUS. Less money spent on gas plus I won't have to buy anymore stupid headlights since I had yet another one burn out last night! Stupid car.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Lindsy, you are the Young Folk!!! Miss "I wasn't born when the first Superman Movie Came Out". =o) ha ha

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home