Some Days It Doesn't Pay to Get Out of Bed
So I was back at work yesterday not even feeling close to 100% and having a hard time concentrating & focusing on anything. The people in my office were sympathetic until about 8:30 and then they decided to start in on everything that went wrong on Monday while I was out. It's like all of the equipment and software knows when I am going to be gone and it decides to have some fun. Let me tell you about my day...
1. New Copier: Our new copy machine was delivered last Friday. It is a Workcenter Pro C2128. Ohhhhhh. It does color printing, scanning, faxing, it pretty much does everything but make the coffee and it may do that and I just don't know it yet. Until "training" all we know how do is basic copying and faxing. I should mention here that on Friday the fax was only working about 1/4 of the time. By the time I returned on Tuesday it was not working at all. The serviceman came worked on it for a few hours. Talked to the "copier engineers" on the phone back and forth and basically shrugged his shoulders and said "I think it's probably your phone line." NOT COOL. I tried to tell him is it was the same fax line as before and it worked fine on the old fax machine but he obviously didn't speak any language besides Copier because he blew me off and said "You have more sophisticated equipment, I suggest you check your phone line." Again NOT COOL!
2. Movers: In the midst of the fax fiasco my calendar pops up with a reminder that I need to meet the movers at the storage unit to move furniture into our Parade Home. Crap. Forgot that was scheduled. These are fairly new movers and I don't think any of them are under the age of 50. I have only used them one other time. That was when they moved the furniture out of the last model home and into storage. They are really nice guys but I just keep waiting for one of them to drop over. Last time they helped me carry some stuff to my car and one of the guys saw my tennis shoes in the back seat and said to me "Oh look, a little elf left their shoes in your car." Hahahahaha love that mover humor now get cracking and move my furniture.
3. Phone Closet: Movers situated, I move back to the fax problem. Biff the computer guy happens to be at the office so I ask him if our fax problem could be the fact that our DSL line is the same as our fax line. BIG MISTAKE. First off he asks to see the phone closet. Yikes. Our phone closet is the place where phone wires go to die. The phone service men don't even like to go in the closet. They whimper outside the door in the hall and try everything else before they finally give in and disappear into the depths of the phone closet. Biff gets frustrated by looking in the phone closet so he decides to explain to me how it is possible for our DSL to share our fax line. OH MY POOR ACHING HEAD. On a good day I can comprehend about half of what he is saying but today he might as well have been speaking a foreign language. Oh wait, he was...Computer. He starts talking about frequencies and he's drawing diagrams. At this point I am just trying to get his attention so that he can see the comatose look on my face. Finally he looked up to ask me for another piece of paper since his drawing had expanded, sees the blank look and concludes with these words...."you have new sophisticated equipment. Maybe you should have them check the line."
I need about 10 Motrin and a Lime Diet Coke.

2 Comments:
Hahahahaha! Your life never fails to amuse me.
Well a life that doesn't amuse others isn't a life lived. Wow that was deep.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home