It's Never Just About the Babies
Nothing can ever be simple when family and friends get together to celebrate, especially when it's my family. Sometimes I wonder how we ever survive in public settings. I never knew my parents were such attention hounds. (disclaimer....My parents know that we love them and respect them. They also know that we don't let them live anything down and that comes with the territory.)
Eve
nt #1-Baby Shower for the Golden Child Jr. (Saturday evening)William Levi Shoemaker (aka...Golden Child Jr.) will make his appearance next month so naturally that means cake, punch and LOTS of presents. Even though I don't think we are white trash people, we sometimes have a tendency to act like white trash people. For instance, my brother lovingly refers to Jama as "my baby's momma" so we call her "my brother's baby's momma" which I guess makes me "my brother's baby's aunt." My unborn nephew made out like a bandit that night and this was only his 3rd party. You would think the focus would be on the happy parents to be and their unborn child but my dad in a effort to steal the lime light pulls a stunt that will take him some time to live down. He should know better than to do something in front of his children. I am calmly sitting in a chair when my dad decides he is going to sit on the arm of my chair. What he doesn't know is that the chair I am occupying is a chair that rocks. He sits on the arm and we immediately fall back. What follows are arms and legs flying everywhere trying to keep the chair upright. We failed. There is a loud bang as the chair hits the wall. Everyone stares...yada, yada, yada. You can imagine the rest. Later that night at home my dad pulls another stunt that I am not allowed to write about but trust me it was a hilarious. It was just not a good night for "my brother's baby's grandpa."
Even
t #2-Birthday Party for Isaac (Sunday afternoon)The day started off a little rocky. We used to be a nice normal family but for some reason lately, we have become accustomed to living a life of drama. My mom notices on Sunday morning while getting ready for church that she is developing a blister on her lip. Nothing out of the ordinary for most people, but a few years ago she had a case of shingles and when she is stressed it sometime recurs in the same location. She panicked because they are contagious and she was afraid she could give them to Isaac if that is what it turned out to be. She decided that it would be best to put herself in quarantine (aka...Suzy's house) Now as I have stated in previous entries, I have extensive medical training. I have a knack for prescribing just what a doctor would order. I picked my mom up from my sister's house and immediately prescribed the following: Donuts and Large Sonic Diet Coke. I settled her in at the house with the Sunday paper, a movie and Pancho. The party went on as planned at my sister's again with LOTS of presents and cake. We tried to tell my mom that she could still come and just sit out on the patio and watch through the glass window but she didn't think that was funny. She wasn't really in the mood for humor at the time.
Good thing she didn't hear us kid's discussing how we should cut our loses and just put them in a home right now. We think that might be safest place for them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home