Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Blackout of 2005

Yesterday afternoon at about 4:40 we had a blackout. I know a blackout usually means the entire city but when your sitting in your office and the lights go out and your computer dies you begin to wonder just exactly what is happening to the world outside. Naturally since we have nothing better to do we started speculating on what might have happened. Let me tell you that the Upstairs Turner & Company Employee Think Tank is not at their best when it's hot, dark and almost quitting time. Just to give you a little idea. I work with a guy who is really laid back and a blast to be around. He also keeps my candy jar filled with chocolate so that's an added perk. The other day he walks into my office and tells me that he is dealing with a homeowner that is ticked about not getting their way. He said they were so mad that they were pooping kitties. I just looked at him like did you really just say pooping kitties. I told him besides the horrible visual that brought I didn't really think that was even a possibility. So you can see what I am dealing with here last night. We finally ran out of ideas and decided that it was hot and dark, quitting time, and the power wasn't coming back anytime soon so we left.

After church I came back by the office to see if the power was back on and to makes sure the server had re-booted. (Side note: I scared the begevees out of the cleaning lady. It was pretty funny. I knew where she was by following the vacuum cord but she didn't see or hear me coming) The server was stuck on a utility screen, so I rebooted the server. Layman terms: I flipped the switch and watched the screen while my finger was sitting on Biff the computer guys speed dial number. In case it didn't come back up. The server scares me. I can handle anything else but that piece of machine is scary. I should have put it on the list of things that creep me out.

This story however does not have a happy ending. I arrive at the office at 7:15 this morning to find the server stuck at the same utility srceen. Panic Mode. Speed Dial Biff. Biff to the rescue. Stupid server.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home