Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Sometimes Gravity Stinks!

First off, let me say that I got permission to tell this story and that everyone is OK. You are going to read this and at first it will scare you but just know the outcome is good and that we are all laughing about it now.

BAD PART OF STORY: My sister Tammy has not been having a good week. She got some not so good news last night that kind of scared her and with all the stuff going on with Isaac it really sent her over the edge. She was fine when I left her last night around 9:30. Just something else to worry about for a couple of days. So I am sitting at my desk this morning and she calls. All she says is "we are at the emergency room" and then she hands the phone to my brother-in-law. He proceeds to tell me that they were at IHOP this morning and Tammy is carrying Isaac and walking into IHOP from the parking lot and trips over one of those concrete parking things. She stumbles a few steps and then falls to her knees and then falls forward. She is trying to protect Isaac but the force of the fall causes her to shoot Isaac out from under her and he hits his head on the metal bench outside of IHOP. They end up taking him to the emergency room because he has a huge knot on the back of his head and with no hair to soften the blow it looked horrible.

GOOD PART OF THE STORY: The doctors checked Isaac out and he is fine. They told them just to watch him and to not let him sleep more than 2 hours at a time without waking him up. He was already scheduled for an MRI next week so they didn't think one was necessary today. Tammy is fine as well. Her knees look horrible and mangled but physically she will be OK. Mentally she thinks she is a bad mother for launching her baby in front of IHOP.

FUNNY PART (NOW THAT IT'S OVER AND EVERYONE IS OK): I met them for lunch (Ironically at Fazoli's which is right next to IHOP). The first words out of Isaac's mouth when he saw me were "momma fell down. momma fell down." How can you not laugh. He was crazy. The knot looked nasty but he was in rare form. I told them that we need to ask him questions to determine if he had a head injury. So I asked him who the President was and he just kept repeating President. President. President. So I switched tactics. I pointed at Tammy and asked who she was and he said "Suzy." I pointed at Bryon and asked who he was and he said "Suzy." I told them maybe they should take him back to the ER.

Tammy also went into more detail about her "trip" and as I said, we can now laugh. She fell right in front of the entrance so she said the manager and most of the wait staff and even a few customers came running out. The manager is concerned that there could be a law suit so he is trying to fill out some paper work. Byron is using antibacterial wipes on Tammy's open wounds so she is screaming and Isaac is screaming Pancake, Pancake, Pancake!

I think the rest of the weekend may be spent in quite solitude.


1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Isaac screaming Pancake, Pancake, Pancake in the midst of all the chaos - I think that's the funniest part! Get that kid a pancake. Never mind he has this huge bump on his head.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home