Going UP?
I have never been a person that was afraid of elevators or that has ever been claustrophobic in elevators. Of course I have never been stuck in an elevator over a long period of time so I guess you could say that I have no fear of working elevators. The elevators at Children's Hospital are the exception to this rule. I hate all 6 of the elevators in the Garrison Tower, but there in one in particular that I refuse to get on. I will stand there for hours waiting for another elevator before I get on that one. It hates me. You think I jest but following are the reason I know this elevators hates me.
1. Out of 6 elevators it is always the first one to open. I think the other elevators are scared of it.
2. It takes at least 2 minutes for the door to shut when you get in and push the button. It doesn't matter if you hit the door close button or not. Once I got wise to this, I would just jump out and push the button for another elevator. It still would just sit there with it's door open mocking me and telling all the other elevators to stay away. IT'S EVIL!
3. It doesn't matter if I push up or down it ALWAYS takes me to the basement first no matter what.
Now I ask you how creepy is that. Who wants to go to the basement of a hospital. Creepy things take place in a hospital basement. Anyone who has ever read a horror book or seen a horror movie about hospitals knows this. Basements in general are freaky but when they are located at a hospital it takes the freaky factor up a few notches. I keep waiting for the doors to open and something they have been doing experiments on in the basement to get in the elevator with me and beg me to help it escape. Poor sucker is out of luck getting on the elevator with me. He will be stuck in the basement forever.
So I am begging that if you don't hear from me for a few days please come and check the basement in the Garrison Tower at Children's Hospital!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home