Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, July 25, 2005

What's In a Name?

I have to start out by saying that I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night and Johnny Depp is by far the best actor out there right now. It was EXCELLENT! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It is a definite must see. I have to admit that I was slightly attracted to Willy Wonka (the JD Willy Wonka not the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka. eeewwwww). It could have been the glasses or it could have been the fact that he had a river made of chocolate. I would definitely need more aerobic classes.

Rachel sent out an e-mail this morning with engagement announcements that had been in the paper. You know how they put people's last names in the paper....Smith/Hale to marry....You get the picture. I told her about someone who used to work here that wanted to hyphenate her name but unfortunately she married someone that made that impossible. OK, not impossible but funny. His last name was Schnider and her last name was Krider. So she would have been a Schnider-Krider. I also knew someone with the last name of Smith that married a Smith. So we forever called her Cindy Smith-Smith. I know Smith is a common last name but I still think a good look at the ole family tree is called for.

I tried to come up with some interesting names, but it's been a hard day and my brain is fried. If you have any interesting names that you have seen or some good ones that you could make up, post them so that we all can enjoy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let’s see interesting wedding announcements:

Seymour-Butts
Butts-McCracken
MacDonald-Berger


too bad I can't think of anything good for Shoemaker...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I think all of those were on the
e-mail Rachel sent. Did I forward that to you?
Shoemaker-Barefoot (I say this becasue I actaully know a girl who married a guy with the last name of Barefoot)I can hear the comments now. Your wife is a Shoemaker and you're still Barefoot.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm glad to hear the movie was good. I've wanted to see it, but I think it's going to end up on my long list of "renters". I need to join Netflix.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home