Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I need a pedicure or a new pair of walking shoes

Last night after class, I went for a walking workout at Hafer Park. I wasn't very far into my walk before I began to experience some pretty bad toe pain. That's right, I said toe pain. My little toe nail decided to attach the toe next to it. I don't know if it was trying to get it to scoot over or what. So ladies, and you know who you are, my body is telling me it's time for another pedicure. Besides pedicures are much cheaper than a new pair of shoes. While trying to work through the pain so I had some really deep thoughts that I thought I would share.

1. The ditch is a scary place. I had talked to my mom right before church and she was telling me that my uncle had been up to Wellington helping them catch up on their mowing. Mowing on the farm is a huge daunting task. My mom had mowed everything she could but she doesn't mow the ditch that leads up to the highway because it's steep and you feel like the tractor is going to tip over. She leaves that for my dad. Who cares if he tips over, right. All of my childhood life the ditch was the border to our world. We were always told to never go past the ditch because the highway was there and we could get killed. Scared the crap out of us as little kids. I can't tell you how many times we would have to chase balls, pets etc...only to be stopped by "the ditch". No matter that all over the farm we were allowed to crawl all over dangerous farm equipment, climb to the top of tall sheds or drive the garden tractor. For heaven sakes, they gave my brother a BB gun! Did DHS exist back then. I think not or all my siblings and my cousins would have been taken away from our parents. I think all of our parents know most of the stuff we did over the years, but only because now we are too old to be punished. At least I think I am. Please don't ground me.

2. Be patient in the Wal-Mart line. Dr. Herndon taught our class last night. Our scripture for the summer series is 1 Peter 2:12. Live your lives among the pagans, that though they accuse you of doing wrong they can see your good deeds. His point was that you should always act like a Christian no matter where you are or how disgruntled you are because there might be a chance that the check out person will know you profess to be a Christian, but aren't acting like one. So while I am mulling this over on my walk. I was trying to decided it that applied to my good friend Carlos with the phone company. I kept thinking there had to be a foot note that said this only applies if the person is being reasonable and believe you when you say ITS A FAX MACHINE!

3. The A Team was so cool. For those of you who don't know, you can watch reruns of the A Team on channel 9 (I think it's 9). For those of you who don't know what the A Team is I am very sorry that you had an awful childhood and missed out on good quality TV. I actually had this conversation with my sister when she was here. How on earth did BA (Mr. T) fall for the sleeping pill in the milk every time. He knew they were going to have to fly but he drank the milk anyway. I guess it just boils down to his love of dairy.

Ok, so all my thoughts weren't that deep. Sue me! It was a long walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home