In 1977 the Golden Child Was Born
I spoke a little about my brother the last time I updated and I know it left you all wanting more, so here it is. My sisters and I loving refer to by brother as the golden child. Below are the reasons he has received this title.
1. He is the only boy
2. He is the youngest
3. He played sports
4. He is named after my dad
Over the years his status as "The Golden Child" has increased. It had gotten so bad that I have had to change his title to "Little Brown Noser Golden Child." A couple of things have given me cause to change this title.
1. My Dad's birthday was in January. My brother calls me a week before his birthday and asked me if I knew if Mom and Dad would be in town that weekend or if he needed to ship Dad's present to him. Did you catch that? SHIP HIS PRESENT So I did the natural sister thing. I asked him what he got Dad that he had to ship. (I also threw in a coughing "brown noser") His reply back to me was what did you get him. I replied back that I wasn't telling until he told me what he got him. This went on for a little while. Back and forth. Back and forth. Finally he caved first and told me that he had purchased a star in the vast universe that would forever be named the William L. Shoemaker. My response to this was....YOU LITTLE BROWN NOSER GOLDEN CHILD. Then I had to tell him what I got dad. A Kansas State Wildcat coozie for his pop can.
2. He and Jama are getting ready for the new addition to their family in Sept. A while back they told us that they were having a boy. DING...status increase. (the Shoemaker name will now live on) They are going to name him William Levi Shoemaker. DING DING....status increase (first name is after my dad, and the baby will have my dad's initials) That is why my brother named the star he purchased the William L. Shoemaker. DING DING DING...status increase (the star can now be passed down to Will)
Trust me when I tell you that there are many, many things that could be said on this subject but I feel like these are the only 2 things that he can't argue with and won't feel the need to retaliate, but just in case....I love you little brother!

10 Comments:
Watch out - I think Ste is going to give you a "Dead Leg" next time he sees you...
I'm on Steve's side on this one....
You are on his side because you are probably a brown noser golden child yourself.
PS...love the new picture
Suzy!!! This was HYSTERICAL.
At least your brother isn't a doctor following in the footsteps of his father the doctor. The golden child only boy in my family really went for the brass ring with that one.
That's Mr. Golden Child...and the gloves now come off.
Doesn't it matter that I told you I loved you at the end? That is what you used to do to mom. You would do something bad and then tell her you loved her. Please don't bring up that particular dating story or the dancing story. Did I mention I loved you and that you are my favorite brother.
Oh, is this THE dating story? Just laughing thinking about it.
In my family, I like to refer to myself as the "Good Child". I hate to think what my brother refers to me as..."bus bait" maybe?
Goodness sakes, I hope not. I would hate to think there are other people out there that know that particualar story. It's not the blind date one if that is the one you are thinking about.
No, I'm thinking about the one that took place in Wellington. I think your parents were having a party that night. I don't want to devulge more. Maybe you forgot you told me.
That's the one. 'Nough said.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home