Betty Crocker's Got Nothing on Me
We have a "birthday treat policy" at my office. When it's your birthday, you bring your own treats. Someone suggested this a few years ago and we have been doing it ever since. The thought process behind this is that no one will forget your birthday if you bring your own treats. Everyone I tell about this "policy" thinks it sucks and I have to admit that there is something wrong when you have to stay up until midnight the night before preparing your own stinking birthday treats. Actually, I don't think anyone else does that but I set a standard a long time ago and now I feel the pressure to outdo myself every year. Last night my kitchen was like that reality show Hell's Kitchen. It was a disaster. My mom always told me that she knew when I was cooking because every dish was used and all the cabinet doors were open. My philosophy is why should you have to keep shutting them when your just going to open them again. A few years ago I made a Strawberry/Kiwi cake. Some of you out there know the one I am talking about. My office got hooked with a capital "H". I have to bring one on my birthday every year and if I do that, they usually stop bugging me to bring one every other week. So last night, I stayed up until midnight making "THE CAKE"". For those of you out there that don't know about "THE CAKE", here are a couple of pictures. The office took pictures
of it this time before they started eating.I thinkI out did myself this year. Probably one of the best ones that I have made over the years and I think it looks pretty good for midnight. Pretty straight lines if you ask me. So now I am off the hook for another year or until my boss gets a craving for another one and threatens to fire me which he told me he would have done had I not had "THE CAKE" waiting when he got here. So Happy Stinking Birthday Suzy. Thanks for staying up and making us your birthday cake.
PS...it was really yummy too. I may make another one for myself tonight!

4 Comments:
Glad you had a good birthday! That looks like an awesome cake. Is it just store cake mixes and then some whip cream and fruit? I need to try to make it sometime.
Karen-I know it looks like whip cream but it has other stuff in it too. The cake itself is just a pound cake mix. It's brushed with strawberry jello and jam. The filling is whip cream, cheesecake pudding, cream cheese and lemon juice. Let me know if you want the entire recipe.
Lindsy-Thanks!
In my office, it the Sopilla Cheesecake. Kent has offered to buy the stuff if I'll make it on a regular basis. I have November birthdays. Maybe that's what they'll get this year.
Eric once ate that after it had been in my fridge for a week. Next time we have bible study at my house Eric I will make you a fresh batch.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home