It's Raining, It's Pouring, I Wish I Was Home Snoring.
I think my sister prayed for rain. I know this because I have seen the power of her praying for rain before.
My grandfather was a Kansas wheat farmer. Our summers were spent helping with harvest. My dad was a school teacher so he was able to help in the summer and all of my uncles would come and help as well. Which meant all the cousins would come too. We loved this time during the summer. Our only responsibility was to help prepare the meals and take them to the field. The rest of the time we could swim, play on the farm, ride our bikes and basically get in all kinds of trouble. The only problem was that we were kids so naturally that meant we also wanted to do other things like go to town to the museum or go to Wichita and see a movie. We didn't understand why just for one day grandpa couldn't stop cutting wheat.
One day we wanted to go to Hutchinson to the Cosmosphere. We begged and begged and finally my grandma got so tired of us asking that she finally said if it rains and grandpa can't cut wheat we can go. Big mistake! My cousin Cindy who was the oldest and my sister Tammy who was second in command in the cousin clan decided to pray for rain. They prayed and prayed and prayed. They didn't even let the rest of us participate. I guess they thought it was their responsibility as the oldest. Well, the result is that it started to rain and we were so excited and the rest of us kids were wondering what else we could have them pray for. The only problem is that it didn't just rain, it POURED and POURED. It rained so hard that traveling was impossible and then it started to flood everything. Therefore, we didn't get to go to the Cosmosphere and further more, we were stuck inside.
Cindy and Tammy, you guys still owe us a trip to the Cosmoshphere.

3 Comments:
Preach ON! Cindy and Tammy DO owe us a trip to the Cosmosphere… however that was like 20 years ago. So if you take into account inflation for 20 years, cost of living increases, interest, time, and principle - You get the common accounting formula:
((I x T) / P x (C + I))
Which plainly equals an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for ALL the cousins! WHOO HOO!!!
BOOK IT! But knowing them they would just pray for rain or something and we would have to cancel. Better for us to book it behind their backs and just charge it to their cards.
I stand by the network guy. I like his formula better. Besides, you don't want me to start sharing my other Cindy and Tammy stories.
Here comes a tornado. Boom, boom, boom.
Do I need to say more.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home