Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Some Days Continued....

More about my day on Tuesday and a little that carried over to yesterday.

4. Bicycles: A guy at my office has taken to bicycling for exercise. He has been doing it off and on but he has seriously gotten into it over the past few months. It's all he talks about while he is downing cheese slices and Monster Power drinks. It is highly entertaining. He calls his bike Frankinbike because it's old and all the guys he rides with make fun of him. About a month ago he finds out Biff the computer guy also rides bikes. Then they find out they are both riding in the Hotter Than Hell Bikathon in Texas. I told them I thought it was so cute that they had a common interest. They stand in my office and get so excited about bicycles. It is so cute. So Tues. they are discussing how to keep hydrated while riding. BK tells Biff that while he was riding in the Texas race his legs starting burning so he stopped at the food tent ate 2 pickles, continued on and he was fine. Now I know pickles are high in sodium but I still thought it was funny so of course I have to say something so I say..."Oh I see, so you stopped at the food tent for a pickle steroid." That got them out of my office.

5. M&M's: I know I have mentioned my candy jar on numerous other occasions. I am very fond of my candy jar and appreciate the fact that everyone contributes from time to time. I usually don't have to fill it myself which is nice. I own the candy jar and I guess that gives me the right to reap the benefits and not have to contribute. Yesterday it was filled with pink and purple peanut M&M's in honor of breast cancer awareness. Gotta love a company who will back a worthy cause. I am excited because I think since they are pink and purple none of the guys will want to eat them and I can have them all to myself. It didn't even phase them. I don't even think they noticed the color. I guess the power of chocolate and peanuts has more pull over the candy coating on the outside. So I resorted to making fun of them hoping that would help. Saying things like "those are pretty M&M's you're eating do they make those for men." or "does your mommy know your eating those pretty M&M's" or "have some more pretty M&M' s and lets go watch figure skating." They still kept eating. What a stinking bunch of girlie men! I hope it permanently stains their tongues pink and purple.

6. Still No Fax: Final conclusions on the new copier/fax machine. All day it was back and forth with our phone service company trying to figure out our options for the fax/DSL line. It has become a much larger issue now. Surprise! The issue is now out of the service company's realm and enters into the realm of SBC. What to do. What to do. I have finally decided to just put move the fax from upstairs to downstairs and just deal with it next week when the receptionist calls and says a serviceman from the phone service company is here. Now I didn't request anyone, but the guy was around the corner and didn't call before he came. I try to send him away, but he wants to come in a take a look at it anyway. Shoot. This is gonna cost me. He comes in messes with some cords and I tell him about Biff the computer guy going into the phone closet yesterday and my sericve guy says "oh my gosh I bet he wigged out when he opened that door". See I am telling you they are all terrified of the phone closet. They might as well just come up and eat some pink/purple M&M's. Eventually the poor guy takes a deep breath opens the door and steps in and starts waving a beeping wand around. His conclusion..."I don't think this is something I can help you with you are going to have to call SBC." DUH!

At least he didn't try to draw me any diagrams.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I understand your pain. Welcome to my world!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Any suggestion on pain killers?

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home