Bad Case of Mistaken Identity
My co-worker BK stopped by my office yesterday to tell me this story. He started out by telling me that he got a text message last week that just said Do you dye your hair?
He didn't recognize the number so he just ignored the message. A few days later he gets another text message from the same number and the conversation went like this.
Mystery Texter: You didn't respond to my previous text message.
BK: What message?
Mystery Texter: Do you dye your hair?
BK: What makes you think I dye my hair? (at this point he thinks maybe he might know this person after all or it's one of his friends playing a joke on him, so he proceeds onward).
Mystery Texter: I'm sitting here looking at your picture on the internet and I'm wondering if red is your natural color or if you dye it.
BK (realizing that this person has a wrong number): I'm assuming you are a man?
Mystery Texter: Yes.
BK: Where do you live?
Mystery Texter: New York. Why do you ask?
BK: Just curious. By the way, I am a 45 year old man who has been married for over 20 years and am the father of 3 children. I have sandy brown hair and I live in Oklahoma. I think you have a wrong number but the next time I am in New York maybe we can grab a beer or something.
Believe it or not he never got a response back from the Mystery Texter. Poor guy. I hope he finally got connected with the girl on the internet he was looking for if not then at least he made a new friend in Oklahoma who will buy him a beer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home