Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

All I Want for X-Mas is a Bobble Head Mouse

When I drive I don’t like to look at the people driving beside me or sitting beside me at a stop light. If you want my attention you have to work pretty hard to get it. I have had several people that know me call me and say things like why didn’t you wave at me or I was beside you at the stop light and you never looked over. I don’t like to look at the people around me. You never know what you are going to see and sometimes what you see is pretty scary. Tonya is always telling me when she rides with me that I need to get my windows more tinted so that when she stares at people they don’t know she’s staring. Her windows are tinted pretty dark so it’s an adjustment for her when she rides with me.

For instance last night on our way to a Relay meeting a car full of teenage guys went out of their way to make sure we noticed the new clock tower in downtown Edmond. I probably wouldn’t have given them the time of day except that they were so enthusiastic that they were yelling and waving out the window. You couldn’t help but notice them. I have no idea why a bunch of teenagers were so excited about a clock tower but they wanted to make sure that we saw it. Side Note…it is kind of cool, but they still have it covered waiting for some big Centennial unveiling. The funny thing about it is that the City seems to be going out of their way to keep it a secret. I have been driving downtown at night and have seen workers working building the tower when they thought traffic would be lighter. Right now they have it covered but when it’s night and it’s lite up you can see exactly what it looks like.

This morning I was sitting at a stop light and I looked in my rearview mirror and just had to laugh. There was this older guy in some kind of Mitsubishi SUV and he had the most realistic looking little gray mouse wearing a Santa hat sitting on his dash. Why it was wearing a Santa hat I don’t know, but it was. It looked so real (except for the hat) that I kept expecting it to run around his dashboard or for the man to reach over and feed it a piece of cheese. I was fascinated. When the light turned green I glanced back to see if the mouse was still there and I started laughing all over again. Not only was this thing so realistic but it was also one of those bobble head things and every time the car hit a bump it looked like the mouse was talking to the driver. I know this might be one of those instances when you really had to be there to appreciate the hilarity of the situation, but all I know is that for some reason this tiny little mouse sitting on a dash talking to the driver made me smile all the way to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

My grandma used to have a big plastic yard ornament owl in her back seat and would put a "seasonal" hat on it (a santa hat being part of the collection.) She said it was so she could easily find her car (though it had been known to scare a few mechanics). Maybe he puts hats on his mouse so he can find his car.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Maybe so or maybe he is just crazy! I am not ruling that out.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home