Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This Is The Story Of My Life

To quote my new favorite Bon Jovi song…This is the story of my life and I write it everyday. It’s never black and white and it’s anything but gray….

I have been telling everyone that I can’t wait for the month of June to be over. Relay would be over and our office move would be over and then maybe I could get back to living a nice quiet simple black and white life or at least get a massage or something.

I will have to admit that the office move went off without too many hitches. Unfortunately the major hitches were in my department. Out of my control but still parked in my camp. SBC or ATT or whatever you want to call them now failed to get our DSL connected or our IP addresses in place by the time we moved. Therefore it was yesterday afternoon before we were connected to the outside world and my nerves where shot from people asking me 20 times for 3 days what the status of their stinking e-mail. It took my machine 20 minutes to download the
535 e-mail messages that I had since I disconnected my computer on Thursday afternoon. Don’t worry, I didn’t let it go to my head that that many people missed me. It was mostly people trying to sell me stocks or Viagra, both of which I don't need or have any use for.

People keep asking me how I like my new office and I have to say that I don’t think I have spent more than 30 minutes sitting in it since we moved. Life has been filled with so many major decision like what size of plastic chair rolley thingys we need or the ever political whose chair is that and can I have it game. We have new phones we don’t fully know how to use and this scares the living daylights out of people. Most mornings people seem to come in and wander around for about an hour before settling down to work. I think the new space scares them. It is so much bigger and we are so much more spread out that I think everyone thinks they will miss some big major decision that needs to be made if they aren’t wandering around. Fine. I will let them drag the one chair rolley thingy we have around to every office to see if it fits or dig through the massive box of cables and computer junk to find that one black mouse that has the right attachment to fit the receptionist’s computer because she feels left out because now all her desk stuff is black but her mouse is white. Once again panic sweeps through the office until a black mouse can be found.

Maybe my life is black and white. At least when it comes to computer mice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

GIRL! That is my life almost every day without a move involved. Good Luck, I can sympathize. You should have done what I started doing. I tell people to try to get on the internet and if they can't...it's not working yet. ;o)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home