Suzy vs. The City of Edmond
Apparently I broke the law and the law won. Until I call them today that is.
As you all know from previous posts, we had a massive garage sale a few weeks ago benefiting Relay For Life. Not only did we have our own junk, but another team brought over all the junk and I stress JUNK they did not sell at their garage sale. We all agreed to donate what did not sell to The Salvation Army. We chose this organization for simplicity purposes. They would take absolutely everything and they would come and pick it up no questions asked. All we had to do was schedule a pick up time and tell them how many boxes or garbage bags we had. The first pickup day they had was Wed. May 17th. So at 7 a.m., I dragged 30 boxes, 12 trash bags, a file cabinet, golf bag and a few other misc. items just outside my garage door. I called The Salvation Army to make sure they were still coming and they told me they would be there between 1 and 3 that day. When I got home that night the boxes were gone. I was very excited.
Then on Friday I get home and open the following letter from the City of Edmond.
The City of Edmond takes pride in the health, safety, welfare and appearance of our community and we are asking for your assistance I this effort. Every individual property owner’s maintenance contributes to the overall positive appearance of their neighborhood an dour community. We understand that you may not be aware of the ordinances that pertain to the maintenance of your property.
An officer with the Code Enforcement Division of the City of Edmond has noted that (my address is inserted here) has boxes and trash bags in the drive and is in violation of the following City ordinance(s):
1. 8.28.010 Trash Prohibited
We ask that you please comply with these ordinances pertaining to the maintenance of your property by 5/23/06. Complying and remaining in good standing over the next six months will result in the case being completely dismissed and eliminate the need for further action. Failure to comply will result in further action.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Bill Fitzgerald
Code Enforcement Supervisor
Amazing isn’t it. What I find humorous is that for 6 years I have lived in my house and have been trying to get the City to mow or find the person responsible for mowing the jungle that is right next to my house and the even bigger jungle that is behind my house. Why not send that guy a letter if they are so concerned about the appearance of “our community”. Did they not even notice that every other aspect of my house was imaculate. My lawn was mowed, by little pretty flowers were blooming and I had even trimmed my bushes.
They obliviously have no idea who they are dealing with, but they will here in a minute and the first words out of my mouth are going to be OH NO YOU DI’ENT!

1 Comments:
Did you explain to them why those boxes where there?!? Dude! Come back the next day and if they are still there, THEN send the letter. Side note: BTK was a code enforecement officer. Hmmm...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home