I Hope You Have The Stomach For This
Sometimes it scares me how comfortable we are around each other here at work. When you work around the same people day after day after day it’s hard to not know most of what is happening in their lives. Plus we like to talk about it. The guys are the worst.
This morning Zach one of our new employees (he has only been here a couple of months) came in and told me a story that I think proves this point. He has 4 brothers. 1 brother is older and the other 3 are younger. Every morning he takes the 3 younger brothers to school. Get this….One is a Senior. One is a Junior and one is Sophomore. Yikes. That’s a lot of boys close together. I bet his mother had her hands full. He said they were almost to school when one of his brothers got sick and threw up all over the back seat of the car. Another brother, after witnessing the first brother, got sick and also threw up. As grossed out as I was I couldn’t help but laugh just picturing these 4 guys in a car all grossing out and getting sick.
Zach said once they got to school they tried to push as much of it out the car door as possible. This made me laugh just visualizing the scene unfolding in the school parking lot. Once he got to the office he scrubbed it down and sprayed it with Lysol. Yuck. Here is where guys and girls differ. I would have driven it straight to the first detailing place and told them that if I can even remotely smell throw up then it’s not clean enough.
Since he told me his story, I felt it necessary to share my story. When Tammy was pregnant she was sick pretty much every day of her pregnancy. Byron and I used to give her a hard time about the restaurants we could no longer patronize since she had gotten sick in them. Every restaurant had its own unique story, but nothing tops the Sonic Drive Thru. Tammy and I had been to a baby shower and on the way home we decided to stop at Sonic (big surprise). We were sitting in the drive thru and Tammy gets sick. She gave me some warning so I started looking all around my car trying to find something and all I could find was my gym bag full of clothes. Let’s just say that the entire thing went in the dumpster and from then on I carried plastic bags in my car. In my opinion it should be added to the list of emergency items you should carry in your car.
Jumper Cables - Check
Insurance Card - Check
Warm Blanket - Check
First Aid Kit - Check
Flashlight - Check
Glass Breaking Tool - Check (I don’t really have one of these but I really want one)
Plastic Bags - Double Check!

1 Comments:
Don't forget to make sure that plastic bag is not clear - no one wants to see puke in a bag!
Also, don't forget the Lysol, napkins to clean up any spillage, twist ties to seal up the bag, and most importantly.... Breath Mints!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home