Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Won't Quit My Day Job.....Yet

I discovered this morning that I should not quit my day job and become a stand up comic. This morning I gave a presentation to a 100 Realtors about Relay and none of them seemed to appreciate my sense of humor. I know you all will find that hard to believe, but it’s true. I personally thought I was stinking hilarious! I know because I cracked myself up numerous times.

I do know they were all listening. I could tell I had their undivided attention by the way they were all so intently staring at me. I must say it made me look down more than once to make sure my blouse was all buttoned. It was. Hmmmmm…..maybe that would have helped. Maybe I should have picked my nose. That seems to work for Isaac when he goes to all his speaking engagements. Maybe I should have opened with my Peek-a-boo Street joke, but I don’t think I could have handled one more pity laugh.

However, I did make $20 for my efforts. The Real Estate Broker had a bag filled with a total of $700 broken out in varies denominations and she was letting people who answered questions correctly reach in the bag and pull out one bill. She let me reach in and I pulled out a $20. So now I know I can at least ask for $20 for any further speaking engagements.

You better book me now. My calendar is filling up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Smart call not using the Peek-a-boo Street joke. Ha Ha! It's about as bad as my John the Baptist. I actually have a worse one that I told a lot one summer, but I have forgotten it - which I think causes rejoicing for many!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Oh come on! That joke was funny. You're just jealous because I made $20!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home