Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Grocery Shopping on Speed

I haven’t had a grocery shopping experience like last night since I was a little kid and my family took my grandmother to visit her 70 year old brother in San Antonio. Let’s just say he we were eating smashed bread for most of our visit.

Isaac has been on Thyroid medication for a week now. The radiation he had back in September killed his Thyroid. The doctors knew this was a possibility because of where the tumor was located but there wasn’t really anything they could do until he was through with chemo. He has become an expert at swallowing his pill every morning. As anyone who is on Thyroid mediation can attest, it takes a while to get the right dosage. If the dosage is too high then it can cause hyper-activity and sleeplessness. After last nights Crest experience, Byron is calling the doctor this morning.

It started off nice and simple with Isaac sitting in one of those car carts. It’s impossible for an adult to steer one of those massive carts with the car on the front but at least if gives the kids something to do. The first incident happened when Tammy got way ahead of us and we were trying to find her. We were walking past every aisle looking for her and all the sudden Isaac starts screaming…”Go Back! Go Back! I need beans!” Apparently they were out of Pork n’ Beans and this was a crisis.

Next incident happened in the Easter candy aisle. This is when he decided he didn’t need to be in the cart anymore. He is running up and done the aisle going “Sweet Tarts. Sweet Tarts. Me need Sweet Tarts.” I find him some Easter Sweet Tarts and he chucks two packages cab of his little car. Then he just goes plain nuts! He starts chucking batteries, chips, hot dog buns, yogurt, fruit snacks into his little car. If a 12 pack of Root Beer wasn’t so heavy that would have gone in the car too. It got so bad that one of us would distract him while the other one would put stuff back. This was working fine until he tried to pick up another package of hot dog buns. I had already put back the first package while he was distracted by Ice Age Fruit Snacks. I told him he already had a package thinking he would just walk away and forget about it. 5 seconds later I hear him digging through all his loot and discovering that he in fact does not have hot dog buns. Can’t pull a fast one over on him. Glad he didn’t discover the 3 packages of Gogurts we put back.

All I know is that something better get regulated or it’s going to be a long 16 years while he is living at home and going grocery shopping!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I am so glad that I didn't go through that while my thyroid meds were being regulated! Or maybe I did and was just unaware. That was a crazy year.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home