And I State the Obvious
At the end of bad day it is always fun to get a forward from a friend who shares your same sense of what I like to call the "Huh Factor." I got this one last night before leaving for the day.
To: All Corporate and Affiliate Users
From: Information Systems
Date: March 30, 2006
Re: IS Bulletin - Beginning of Daylight Saving Time - Spring Forward
Just a reminder - Standard Time changes back to Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, April 2, 2006. All clocks are to be set forward by one hour.
COMPUTERS
All computer workstations and Windows based servers will AUTOMATICALLY switch over to the correct time.
ELECTRONIC TIME CLOCKS
Time Clocks will programmatically switch over to the correct time.
Please contact Technical Support at x**** (I did this to protect the innocent of course) if you experience difficulties or have further questions.
Thank you.
My response to this was.....so basically they were sending out an e-mail telling everyone that everything was going to update.....automatically? If it updates automatically then why spend the time typing and sending the e-mail to hundreds of people that work at this business. What I have to assume is that it was just a friendly reminder to the individuals to make sure and set their clocks forward, but since it was coming from IS they had to make it about computer so it wouldn't seem all warm and fuzzy.
That reminds me....I better get to typing my e-mail considering I am this companies, we don't have an on staff IS person so we will just let Suzy figure it out computer person. Maybe I will just copy and paste this e-mail.
Have a great weekend and don't forget to set your clocks FORWARD, but not your computers they will do it automatically.

1 Comments:
You laugh, but I promise you, this IT person recieved NUMEROUS emails from people on staff asking them if they needed to set their computer clock forward OR asking the IT person to do it for them (in probably not a very nice manner). Things like this happen to me all the time, so when I send out "duh factor" emails, it's only because I'm getting tired of answering "duh" questions. =o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home