OOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma
Stacey, I know I promised the Auto Zone story but I am still working on it. I wish I had tapped the whole experience so that I could do it justice. Maybe I can post it tomorrow. In the meantime here are a few things I learned at the Capitol last week.
Things I learned from my trip to the Capitol.
10. Parking stinks!
9. Good call wearing pants since it was windy. Imagine that. Might have gotten more votes wearing a skirt, but oh well.
8. The tunnel from the parking lot to the Capitol is long, dark, scary and smells suspiciously like mold.
7. Eat a big breakfast before hiking from the parking lot, climbing 5 flights of stairs, and walking up and down and up and down hallways. Although if you were as nervous as I was then a big breakfast might not be a good idea.
6. Shoes that I thought were comfortable were not. Sorry feet. I owe you a pedicure.
5. I will NEVER run for a political office. The people would irritate me. Poor Rep. Miller who got ambushed in the hallway just trying to get a file from his office. Thanks for shaking my hand anyway. If I was in your district you would have my vote!
4. I never want to be a politician's administrative assistant. Again, see note above about people irritating me.
3. Never believe people when they tell you it will only take a hour to deliver flowers and a couple of pamphlets. It went faster when we finally got the bright idea to split up. Duh!
2. Don't try to take my clipboard away from me when I am hot, tired, hungry. Let's just say that one chick won't make that mistake again.
And finally.....
1. It takes a secure man to dress like a colon polyp and walk around the Capitol.

4 Comments:
Wearing the pink "shirt" the chick at Zio's had on might get you more votes!!! =o)
Good point, but the walking and the wind definately would have been an issue. Plus, I decided to save my skank outfit for Washington!
Clinton isn't president anymore, but I'm sure you'll get some milage out of it.
You're sick. Now I wish I had a picture so that everyone could see what we are talking about, but then they might try and picture me wearing it in Washington and I wouldn't want to casue Eric to throw up in his mouth again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home