Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, March 27, 2006

I Wish I Had Children That Respected Me

Sorry folks, I am on a Memphis kick this week. Although the monkey attack will be hard to beat.

My dad says the above line to us all the time. Usually it's when we are making fun of him for something. We can't help it my dad is a hoot. My parents got back last week from visiting Sandi. It was my mom's Spring Break so when they got back she came to OKC for a couple of days to play with Isaac. My dad was coming on Friday night so that they could attend a wedding on Sat. so we made the usual arrangements for a parental pickup. Whenever we need to make a parent swap or make an exchange we meet in Perry. It's about half way from Wellington & OKC. This time we met at McDonald's. Tammy and I were standing in line with my Dad and he told us about this experience while in Memphis....

On Saturday morning my dad decided to go jogging in a park near my sisters house. He had to drive there and when he parked his truck he said he noticed a few other cars sitting around. He did his jogging and when he came back he noticed that all of the cars had moved and were now parked closer to his truck and they were all occupied. It didn't take him long to notice that all of the occupants were men and they were all just sitting around in their cars. He told us that he usually does some stretching after running but decided that maybe it was in his best interest to forgo the stretching that morning. He said he just got back in his truck and drove home. When he told my sister where he had gone jogging she told him that during the day it is a nice safe family park but at night and early morning it becomes something entirely different.

The whole time my dad is telling this story I am standing beside him in line doing stretches and asking him questions like what he was wearing or if he was hurt that no one approached him. His response (while laughing I might add).....I Wish I Had Children That Respected Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home