Life is Like A Box of Off Brand Twinkies......
I learned a valuable lesson in paying for what you get. I was at Wal-Mart on Sunday night doing a little grocery shopping and while in the bread aisle I found a box of Mrs. Freshley’s Vanilla Yogurt Crème Cakes (in other words, an off brand of Twinkie). Mrs. Freshley’s motto is Snack Away. Treat Yourself Smarter. I should have known right then there was no such thing as a low fat Twinkie. I took one bite and realized that Mrs. Freshley doesn’t have a clue what she is talking about. It was Nasty with a capital N. It left the most horrible aftertaste in my mouth. I had to eat 2 pieces of chocolate to get the taste gone. It was horrible.
I thought maybe it was just me so I took one downstairs to my official taste tester Patrick. He took one bite. Chewed it a little and then spit it out into his trash can. Case closed. Mrs. Freshely’s quasi Twinkies stink! You might think this was the end of the story but I just happened to be e-mailing Susan at the time and mentioned my MFVYCC (Mrs. Freshley’s Vanilla Yogurt Crème Cakes) and she said that she and Sarah witnessed a co-worker eating an “off-brand” of Twinkie at lunch. Apparently she didn’t think much of her’s either because Susan said she left the remainder of the box in the table in the break room for other to “enjoy.” I will have to follow up today to see if they are gone.
Susan’s advice to me was to next time pay the extra couple of dollars for the original Twinkies. If only all of life’s lessons were that simple.

4 Comments:
You said "Mrs. Freshley’s Vanilla Yogurt Crème Cakes" but I'll I heard was SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK. ;-)
I couldn't agree more. I plan on having you all over for dinner and severing these for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
PS....Let the Cranberry Popover Puff go or else!
THAT'S what she was doing!?! I couldn't figure out why the lady Susan mentioned dumped a bunch of twinkies on the table for no apparent reason. And I was too busy telling Susan about how my pre-school tortured me by making me eat twinkies to bother to try and figure it out.
Too funny. Susan mentioned to me that you guys had a discussion on not liking twinkies etc....I had no idea your dislike went clear back to pre-school. You poor thing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home