Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What Are You Scared Of?

A couple of incidents over the past few days made me think of that episode of Friends when Ross was trying to teach Phoebe and Rachel about self defense. How they should always stay alert on their guard because they never knew when they might be attacked, so he kept hiding and trying to scare them.

This past weekend I guess my sister Tammy got my brother real good. My mom, Jama and I were in town shopping and Tammy came out to the house to pick up some stuff they had forgotten to take in town to the in-laws. When she got there my brother was in the bathroom so she decided it was the perfect opportunity to scare him.

For those of you who have never been to my parent house let me explain the location of the bathrooms so you can get the full effect. My parents have 2 bathrooms. They are both located down the same hallway. We call them the “girl’s bathroom” and the “boys bathroom”. Mainly because my mom uses one to get ready and my dad uses the other and the fact that my dad’s is decorated with manly stuff and my mom’s is decorated with girly stuff. So both bathrooms are located on the right side of the hallway and on the left side are two closets with sliding doors. One holds the washer and dryer and the other is storage and the hot water tank. The hallway itself can be kind of dark if the light is not on so it really can at times become “A Hall of Terror” Normally, it works better if you are sitting on top of the dryer and when someone comes out of the “boys bathroom” you can scare them when they walk by but sometimes it doesn’t even take that much.

The way my dad tells the story is that Tammy was pressed against the wall waiting outside the bathroom for my brother. When he came out she just screamed and scared him to death. He screamed and started breathing very fast. He later told us that he hadn’t been scared that bad in a long time. I got him again later that day by doing the exact same thing. That time he didn’t scream like a little girl he just jumped but he vowed he would eventually get his revenge.

Yesterday evening I was double booked. I had an American Cancer Society function with Tammy and Isaac and then I was going to Steve and Jama’s to baby-sit Will. I had left my car at the office so when Steve and Jama got home last night Steve was just going to take me to get my car. Jama came in and told me that Steve was waiting in the car for me. Jama and I were standing in their dark kitchen talking while I was getting ready to leave. I opened their storm door to walk outside and my brother jumped out from the dark porch and scared the crud out of me and Jama.

He got me good but it was worth every penny to see him get beat down by Jama for scaring her too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That is too funny. My co-workers used to like to scare me when I worked at Enterprise Square. I am so jumpy, it wasn't too hard. I'm surprised I didn't eventually have a heart attack.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Kind of like the time you scared me at church! You are not as innocent as you look!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I love that story!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I know you do, but in all honesty you got just as freaked out as I did because you ran too!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home