Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, June 05, 2006

New Form of Torture

Where oh where do I even begin today. So many things to talk about and I don’t know how to just pick one. So to quote Inigo Montoya in the Princess Bride “Let me sum up.”

Thursday night we had Bank Night for Relay. This night is set up for teams to come and turn in any money and pick up their T-shirts. One team came in turned in their money and proceeded to pick out their campsite and sign up for some of the activities. Tonya and Stacey were working this table and I heard the lady ask if her team can bring alcohol to the event. How can I stress that this is wrong on so many levels. They were a team that came from a Tennis Association and she told Tonya that tennis and beer went hand in hand. Funny, I thought softball and beer went hand in hand. We do have Red Bull coming. Maybe that will be close enough for her. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and laugh at people. Like when a few years ago we had to pick from the bottom of the DJ barrel for Relay and we ended up with these 2 nasty, yes nasty guys at Relay. One came wearing a Marlboro jacket and would take smoke breaks between songs. I seriously don’t think he remembered he was at an American CANCER Society event. Then at 3 in the morning he would come in and sit by me, reeking of cigarette smoke and try and impress me by telling me he was a volunteer fireman for some small town somewhere. Yuck! I gave him your name Stacey. I know how much you like firemen.

Friday night we cheered the Sea Bass onto a double victory in softball (go team!) and headed out to the OKC Relay. We got there about 12:30 a.m. and it was dead. I am sorry if anyone associated with the OKC Relay is reading this but our Relay is going to be so much more fun than your Relay! We have so much planned that we have to cram it all in. We could probably go another 4 hours! I know anyone on the committee reading this is screaming NOOOOOOOO! We might not make goal, but we are going to have fun trying!

Another one of our teams is a group of guys that have 2 bands. So Sat. night they were having a benefit concert for Relay. I AM SO OLD!!!!!!! We didn’t know that 4 bands would be playing that night. 2 high school bands and then the bands we really went to see. I have no idea what the name of the first band was but it was basically just 4 high school kids jumping around on stage SCREAMING. They were horrible. The second band was Brice and Running and Brice’s parents were there. Brice’s dad told me that if I liked the music they played then something was wrong with me. Not a good sign when a parent is telling you this. They were actually better than the first band but only for the fact that they didn’t scream as loud and you could understand every other word. Now we have been there 2 hours and have witnessed so many kids that need to go on the TLC show What Not To Wear. Finally the bands we had been waiting to hear took the stage. Asylum Bound and Five Stories Falling. The pain only continued! This guy told us that they had played in churches before and I am trying to figure out what type of churches would let them play that kind of music and use that kind of language. Maybe that church on Classen they turned into a night club called Purgatory! I kept repeating over and over in my mind. It’s for a good cause. It’s for a good cause. It’s for a good cause, but when the lead singer of the last band told us the next song was about a girl that broke up with him and 2 weeks later became a lesbian I just had to plug my ears, assume the fetal position and just rock back and forth.

IT’S FOR A GOOD CAUSE! IT’S FOR A GOOD CAUSE! IT’S FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I'm so glad I missed that! Oh, and as for the fireman, he needs to a SMOKE FREE one. I don't like smokers. YUCK! Grant better not be a smoker!!! =)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

We will never know now will we. Someone can't get up the nerve to call him or stalk him on the ball field.

Can he smell like fire smoke? That might be kind of hard to avoid if the answer is no and you better be looking for a nice motorcycle cop or something.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home