Computers Get Lonely Too
I am being punished. I took a few days off last week. It was only two so you would think that would be OK right. Susan and Brett were going to Iowa so they asked if I wanted to ride along as far as my parent’s house. We left last Wed night and headed north and they dropped me off at my parents. I thought it would just be nice to get away for a couple of days. Unfortunately it’s hard to relax when you know the next 3 weeks of your life are going to be unbelievably hectic and I was proved right yesterday.
I walked in, logged onto my computer and it crashed! Absolutely and 100% crashed! I was devastated. I literally sat at my desk starring at the error it was giving me and all I could think about was all the information that was trapped inside and I couldn’t get to it. It was like losing my best friend. I had so much to tell it. So much information to provide it with and it just turned its back on me. I was very hurt! I called Biff and he was absolutely no help! I wanted to be able to lay the phone on my computer and it be instantly be healed. To rub more salt into my wounds, he had a meeting in Tulsa at 10 and wouldn’t be able to come until after that.
OH MY STARS! Just kill me now. I’m looking at 1 p.m. before he can grace me with his presence. What am I going to do? I wandered around the office with this lost glazed look in my eyes. I was looking for any sympathy that anyone would give me, but all people wanted to do was bother me with mundane things like removing all of our personal items from our desks and walls before Thursday and talking about the dress code. I wanted to scream. DON’T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND! I HAVE NO COMPUTER! HOW CAN TODAY NOT BE ALL ABOUT ME!
Once I calmed down, I realized that maybe this was a sign. For months, I had been looking for some down time to clean our desk drawers and file cabinet drawers.
Maybe I had found something to live for after all. Well, I got exactly 1, yes 1 desk drawer cleaned out. People just wouldn’t leave me alone to wallow in my self pity.
Biff finally arrived after lunch. He told me that he was worried about me. He said I sounded suicidal on the phone that morning. Obliviously he didn’t really think that because he didn’t get her any sooner! He reinstalled my new hard drive and started the restoring process. I am smart in the fact that I save everything on the server so I lost no data or files, just all my personal settings. As of right now, I have a list of 10 things that need to be added. Things you don’t realize you are missing until you go to find them and they are gone.
I lost my personal address book so until it’s restored I apologize. If you are not in my contacts then you are gone! So if you think you might be one of those people then e-mail me and I promise to get you re-added. Eventually.
Thank goodness all 500 e-mails managed to get restored! Things are starting to look up!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home