Mercy
I will show no mercy...the creature in my attic has got to go! What is funny about this is that on Sunday we took a spiritual gifts test and one of my top 3 spiritual gifts was Mercy.
I have been having a hard time getting motivated for Christmas this year. I normally don't have this problem but December just isn't the same this year. So decorating my house has been a slow process. I finally got my trees (yes I pluralized trees) put up and a few outside lights in the bushes. All of this was accomplished without having to enter THE ATTIC, but no matter how long I put it off I eventually had to make the trip. My first step is to pull down the ladder climb up and turn the light on. Then, I then shine my flashlight all around the attic looking for glowing eyes. Finally, when I don't see anything glowing I cautiously step into the attic. Up until now, I always assumed that "the creature" had limited itself to the north part of the attic where I never venture because the massive Heat/Air System is over there and it kind of freaks me out. The thing is huge with arms going off in all directions. I just don't do mechanical so I leave that part of the attic to the professionals. My location theory however was proven wrong when I started moving boxes around looking for my Christmas decorations. I came across one box that looked like Freddie Kruger had opened it. It was shredded. I looked inside and there was Christmas carnage everywhere. Santa hats had been drug out and plucked all over the south part of the attic. Christmas tree skits had the stuffing ripped out of them. Table clothes has been devoured. It was horrible. It looked liked the North Pole had exploded in my attic. Santa included. At this point I got so freaked that there was really only one thing to do....Scream like a chick and run for the stairs.
So my question is do spiritual gifts apply to animals?

2 Comments:
That is the funniest thing I've read in a while. I'd be a gonner. Besides getting rid of what ever is living up there, I'd also invest in Rubbermaid tubs!
That is exactly what my mom said after she asked why I was calling her from the attic and not someone who could do something in the case of an attack.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home