Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Road Construction Next Million Miles

OK, so it was really only 5.5 miles but that doesn't count the hour I sat in bumper to bumper traffic just getting to the beginning of the road construction. Sitting there I had plenty of time to reflect over my Thanksgiving Break. First and foremost in my mind was why on earth did I drink so much water at lunch and then spring for the Route 44 Diet Coke at Sonic. Second, I was excited by the fact that it poured rain on me in Kansas so that my dirty car got a free wash only to cross the border and have sunny weather and 60 mile an hour winds that caused multiple dust storms once again creating the urgent need for a car wash. Third, I was somewhat relieved to be sitting in traffic so that I didn't have to move my arms. My arms were so sore after helping to scrape (notice I said scrape and not peel) the wallpaper off my grandma's kitchen walls, so it was nice to not have to lift them to the steering wheel. We all hurt so bad each night that at dinner my mom would set a bottle of Ordius on the table with the rest of the food and all my family would get into a discussion on how many we could take before we couldn't feel our arms anymore. Fourth, I thought about my uncle's new job in Washington DC and if he was really telling us the truth about what he will be doing for the government. All I can say is have you seen the movie the Hunt for Red October? Jack Ryan thought he was just a consultant too. Fifth, I wondered why my head was hurting and then I realized I hadn't eaten for a good hour. My body was going into withdrawals. I knew I should have let grandma send those cookies home with me.

But seriously, I thought most about my family and how wonderful they were this weekend. I cannot begin to tell them how many times after they all left that grandma told me how much she appreciated all that we had done for her. She loves her patio and her new wallpaper and all the other stuff we did. So if you can raise your arms, give yourselves a pat on the back. If not come and see me. Mom sent the Oridus home with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home