Underwear Breaks Into Country Music
Here comes another true confession. I love US Magazine. I'm addicted. I know it might seem shallow but after a long day it is great for a mindless read. Besides, how else can I keep up with who is divorcing who or who is having whose baby. Last night I am reading the magazine and I came across this ad and it made me laugh, so I decided to share.
Behind the Scenes...The Fruit Guys' Hot New Video
This week, we go behind the scenes for an exclusive sneak peek at country music's latest hit-makers, the Fruit Guys. We caught up with them fresh on the heels of filming the video for their smash debut single.
"When I wrote 'You Can't Over-love Your Underwear,'"recollects Apple, "I was in Soho enjoying some marvelous osso buco. And it occurred to me-this decade is all about comfort. Comfort food, comfort films. So I thought, 'Why not bring our own brand of comfort to the heartland?'"
Apparently, the Fruit Guys struck a chord with what critics have now labeled "Comfort Country." Fans recently created a website, http://www.fruitcountryvideo.com, where people can watch the video and nominate it for Video of the Year. Legendary Nashville producer Ian Henderson said it best: "Underwear spokespeople one day, country powerhouses the nest. Welcome to America."
Band Introductions

Apple-Lead Vocals
Hometown: New York, NY
Favorite Pastimes: Bobbing in hot tubs, surprise "label checks" at parties
Green Grape-Lead Guitar

Hometown: Napa, CA
Hangups: Overzealous groupies, anyone who says "Pinot Grigio" in front of me.
Leaf-Drums
Hometown: Rochester, NY

Most-Asked Question: Is leaf a fruit? No, but our lawyers say that because leaves are often attached to fruit, I can legally be called a "Fruit Guy."
Purple Grape-Steel Pedal
Hometown: Portland, OR
Turn offs: Revolving doors, chihuahuas, grape stomp festivals.

I thought this was hysterical. Be sure and check out the website and watch the video.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home