Does Anyone Smell Hazelnut
Stacey, here is the story I promised. The following is what shall be forever known in my book as the "Panera Incident". If you were ever wondering if it is possible to be banned from Panera then I am here to tell you that the answer is yes.
Last Friday morning I am at Panera and it is a mad house. There was 10 people in line behind me so you have some idea just how much of an incident this is. I have filled my coffee cup and I am at the coffee bar reaching for a lid and out of the corner of my eye I see a guy approaching. He taps me on the shoulder and says "Hi. You're getting ready to......" I turn to face him and my coffee cup falls off counter and explodes ".....spill your coffee," the guy finishes. Then he says, "I am so sorry. I thought I would be fast enough to tell you before it fell."
Now when I say my coffee exploded, I am not exaggerating. It was literally like a coffee bomb went off in Panera. Coffee was everywhere. I found wet coffee spots waist high on myself not to mention that I now have the need to get my coat dry cleaned. I didn't really take the time to look around to see who else might have gotten coffee shrapnel, I just grabbed napkins and started wiping. People were walking through it. Standing in it to toast their bagels. It was horrible. Luckily there was an employee standing right there and she reacted quickly and got me another cup for coffee and started moping up my mess. I cleaned off my shoes to make sure I didn't add to the entertainment and fall and then I high tailed it to the safety of my car and called Patrick to tell him to stop there and get something so he could see if people were still talking about me.
When I told Tammy about it, the first thing she asked me after she stopped laughing hysterically, was if the guy was cute. I told her that yes he was but the fact that I made him smell like Hazelnut Coffee all day probably won't win his heart.

6 Comments:
You have some serious coffee spilling issues, don't you?
I assume you are refering to the "Hospital Incident". I forgot about that one. I should have dedicated an entire blog to my "coffee spilling incidents." The Panera one was more embarrassing but I ruined more clothes in the hospital one. I loved that pink jacket. Thanks for reminding me about that one!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Are you laughing at me or the fact that there is some guy out there that everytime he smells hazelnut he thinks of that klutzy blonde at Panera.
Which by the way, Terra thanks for the encouragement but unless he got my license plate as I peeled out of the parking lot I think we are destined to be apart.
Or you could just go back there again and maybe run into him... or at least offer him some new socks.
That would work Karen except for the fact that I really only saw his feet. So unless he hasn't washed his socks, pants, shirt and still smells like Hazelnut I don't think we are destined for one another.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home