Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, January 14, 2008

I Like The Secluded Life

For New Year's I attended a neighborhood party at my cousin Brad's neighborhood. I've always been amazed that he hasn't lived in his house as long as I have lived in mine but he pretty much knows most of the people on his street and even more amazing is the fact that they all like to spend time together on a regular basis.

This summer I will have been in my house for 8 years and I cannot tell you the name of a single person on my street, let alone the people that live next door. I used to know the lady that lived next door but she moved out and new people moved in and they pretty much have as little to do with me as possible. The most conversation I have had has been with the husband when he came over to give me advice on my yard. Ah, hello, did you not see the 3 guys driving a landscaping truck planting stuff in my yard or even better when he tried to tell me that his concrete guy would do a better job for me that my concrete guy. Ah hello, I work for a home builder and I bet I got a better deal on my concrete than you did.

However, my neighbor across the street is fairly nice. We don't really speak but we nod and wave when we see each other, but I can honestly say I have never had a single conversation or head nod with his wife. Last night I got home about the same time she did. I pulled into my driveway and she pulled into hers. As soon as she made it into her garage she laid on her horn for a good 10 seconds. I thought to myself, I bet she has groceries and needs help unloading the car. As I was walking to my mailbox I saw her get out of her car open the door to the house and scream "Did you not hear me honking th horn. I've got stuff in the car." Poor guy. Lady, I heard you and I would have stayed inside too.

Next time I see him he won't just get a wave or a nod he will also get a sympathetic look.

2 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

HA! You know, give me about 40 years and that will be me. Except, I'll still be single and no one will come outside to help me. I'll be old and crazy. Oh and I will have 5 cats because all old, crazy, single women have cats.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Baby... I made the Blog...

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home