Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Someone To Watch Over Me

I had the oddest thing happen this weekend with my debit card. Usually no one questions my spending (someone really ought to) but for some reason something triggered my bank about my spending habits this past week. I was out of town on Friday and when I got back on Saturday I had a message from my bank. They were concerned about some abnormal activity and wanted me to call and verify some charges. I freaked out. I was thinking someone got a hold of my card number and had been charging up a storm. All be it a slight storm considering my bank balance but still it freaked me out.

I immediately called them and a recording told me there were 4 charges on my account I needed to verify. Below is a breakdown of the suspicious charges.

1. $5.28 to Starbucks
2. $7.52 to City Bites
3. $34.00 to Jazzercise
4. $30.00 to Trochta’s Flowers

I am completely serious. Those were the “suspicious” charges I needed to verify. Again, while I appreciate the fact that my bank is watching out for me I don’t see anything wrong with these charges and the fact that they are all less than $40 and are all to places that I have used frequently. I was also thinking at this point, who would steal a debit card, join a gym and buy flowers.

I was discussing this with my sister on Sunday and here is the conclusion she came to on why my bank was suspicious.

Tammy: “Maybe they were disturbed by the fact that you had charges to a work out location and then charges to fast food restaurants.”

Now that makes sense, but it still doesn’t explain the flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home