Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Curse of the Gallbladder

My sister Tammy has to have her gallbladder taken out. While I realize this is no fun for her it has created a couple of issues on my part.

1. It came up in discussion that after Tammy’s surgery, I am the last in the line of ladies in my family to still have their gallbladder. Hey, I have no issues with this. I mean my gallbladder and I get along just fine. I would like to blame their gallbladder removal on having babies since my mother had hers removed after my birth and Tammy is having hers removed after my nieces birth, but my sister Sandi had hers removed a long time ago and she hasn’t had any babies so that theory got thrown out the window. So I guess we are back to it just being a crap shoot and I will just have to wait and see if the curse of the gallbladder gets passed along to me.

2. My sister is terrified of having this done. She knows deep down that it has now become a pretty easy and simple procedure but she just had a baby and has now she has to go through all of this. So on top of being tired and cranky, she will not be tired, cranky and sore. A few days ago she begged me to go in with her and have mine removed. You know, kind of 2 for 1 deal. Everyone decided this would be a good idea because of the curse (see above). Maybe I should just go in and get it done with her and then we could all laugh in the face of the dark arts at work against our family. Just in case you all are wondering….I said No.

For now I think I am safe but I’m sure that it will eventually catch up with me when I least expect it. I will probably live my whole life with my gallbladder and just as my life is coming to an end the doctors will tell me it has to go. I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home