Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another Late Night This & That

Once again it happens to be late at night and I am putting off going to bed. My reasoning is that if I go to bed I will have to go to work in the morning. Crazy I know but that's my reasoning. I didn't say it was good logic.

Computer Errors: I was gone for a couple of hours this afternoon and when I got back I found out that our Internet and e-mail was down. Should be an interesting couple of days with everyone coming in every 5 minutes to find out if it's working. I always want to say "Gee I don't know if you click on the big "e" on your desktop and the Internet doesn't open then it must not be fixed." Susan sent me a funny e-mail yesterday with made up computer errors. One of my favorites said "error occurred between the keyboard and the desk chair." Sounds like a pretty accurate error to me.

Refugee Camp: This week I am running a refugee camp for the electricity deprived. Monday during the day it was my sister and her family. That night it was the Graham sisters and on Tuesday night it was my brother's family. It's been kind of fun. Somehow through all this bad weather I have managed to keep my power. (I'm knocking on wood as we speak.) It's been a blessing for the cold and hungry. However, I was kind of hoping for a repeat visit from the firemen when the transformer in my yard blew during the last ice storm. No such luck but it is only December 11th.

Compilation CD: Last year during the ice storm one of my co-workers made me a CD called "Surviving the Chill." This year I decided to reciprocate by making a Christmas CD. (hence the late night tonight) I think I will call it "Surviving the Christmas Season." It's got a nice mixture of all my seasonal favorites. If anyone is interested send me a CD and I will make you one as well.

Car Shopping: Now don't get excited, I'm not the one car shopping. This part Friday I went with Susan while she purchased her nice new car. It was very exciting and what a better way to spend a Friday night then 2 1/2 hours with a car salesman. He must have been good at his job because Susan walked out with a car, but not good enough that I left with a new car. Maybe next time Terry. I personally don't plan on going back there until they upgrade their coffee/hot chocolate machine. Yuck. It took me like 15 minutes to figure out how to even use the blasted thing. Big build up for a poor tasting Mochachino. However the highlight of the night came when Susan explained to the finance guy that we were just friends. Heterosexual friends to be exact. Also funny is how this is the second time it has had to be explained. Like the last time when Tonya explained to my neighbor how we lived together but didn't "live" together. I need a man in my life so this stops happening. I'm not holding my breath Lindsy.

Cell Phones: My poor mom has had a bad run with her cell phone. Three months ago she washed her cell phone. She wasn't eligible for an upgrade so her options were limited. Long story short, we found a company that repaired cell phone. After about 3 weeks she got her phone back. She was telling me one night that she was pretty sure the cell phone she got back was not her original phone. Why you might ask. Well mainly for the reason that her wallpaper choices now consisted of a picture of Trinity from the Matrix and 2 pictures of Victoria Secret Models decked out in skimpy underwear and wings. Some poor teenage kid is kicking himself about now.

2 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for letting us crash at your house on that cold night. Suzy, was even nice enough to fix us dinner. She deserves a huge gold star!

7:30 AM  
Blogger EandJTrygg said...

Merry Christmas from the Tryggestads (Erik, Jeanie and, coming around Jan. 16, Maggie)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home