Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum
Today was one of my co-workers birthday. As many of you know our policy at the office is if it’s your birthday you bring your own treats. That way there is not one person that has to remember everyone’s birthday and make treats. Overall it has worked well. No one forgets your birthday and sometimes people come up with pretty creative items.
For instance, my coworker Zach went out and bought a giant cookie and had the bakery decorate it with You’re the Greatest Zach. There is another co-worker who always brings an ice cream cake from Stone Mountain and another one who always brings a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Patrick and I always discuss what he will bring when it’s his turn. We always try to think of something off the wall that no one else will do. Here is a short list of some of the things we have thought of….
1. Little mini boxes of cereal
2. Giant tub of cheese balls from Sam’s
3. Granola-you know the loose kind
4. Bologna
5. Cheese Slices
6. 1 box of Cracker Jacks
This is really just our short list. We have a ton of other just as brilliant ideas. On my birthday, I am of course forever locked into making my layered Strawberry Kiwi Cake. One time I tried to bring something else and all heck broke loose.
Today when I arrived someone had brought a homemade Rum Cake. There was a note on it that the rum sauce was in the refrigerator. Now my question is, just exactly how much Rum sauce do I have to consume to not be able to finish out the rest of my work day and enter an AA program. I’m like on mmmmmmyyyyyyyy fifthhhhhhh ppce nowww and iiiimmmmm nnnnoottttttttttttttttttt feeeeeelng anthng.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home