Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Name That Tune

Can I just start off by saying that I was cracking up at Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon. I had a Relay meeting at UCO with Stacey and afterwards I went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries for dinner that night. When I walked in, there were literally 10 guys standing in line in front of the flower refrigerator. 4:00 on Valentine's Day and they were standing in line. It was cracking me up. The Valentine aisle looked like a swarm of locust had gone through. It was cleaned out.

Moving on...I am addicted to the show Dancing with the Stars. I want Drew Lachey and Cheryl to win so bad. Although, I do like the wrestler Stacy, I still want Drew to win. Monday night I decided that Isaac and I could be contestant on that show. The boy loves to dance. Unfortunately, you can tell that his mama and his Aunt Suzy have taught him to dance. I once heard on a TV show that a bad dancer looked like a frog caught in a blender. I don't think I am that good. I wish I could get some video of him dancing. He usually starts with a head bob and then it moves on to some hip action or sorts and finally with you holding hands and going around in circles while doing the head bob, sometimes we throw a little marching in depending on the song.

Tammy has a keyboard and it is one of those that has a built in play list. So whenever I go over we immediately have to go and play the piano. It has not progressed onto the computer and the itunes Byron has stored. It's the Isaac and Suzy rockin dance party.

Here are a few of his select titles....

Piano Tune #1 Livin Lavida Loca: This song makes the most hip action happen. I think Ricky Martin would be so proud.

Piano Tune #2 The Cracker Song: This is what he calls the Dance of The Toys from the ballet the Nutcracker. He will tell me he wants the cracker song. Good thing I know what that means. He also made me make up words to this one. Hmmmmmm....all I can say is it uses the word Nutcracker a lot. Now he goes around the house saying Nutcracker all the time. A song writer I am not.

Piano Tune #3 Here comes the Bride (but the jiggy version): This was a perfectly innocent song until his Meme Baabaa taught him to sing it this way....Here comes the bride all dress in white. Here comes the groom skinny as a broom. What did he wear. He's in his underwear. They thought I was the only one that taught him bad things.

itune #1 Boondocks by Little Big Town: The only word he knows is boondocks. So all of the sudden he is sitting there with the head bob going and shouts out boondocks at the appropriate time.

itune #2 She's a Brick House: Again, he just shouts out the word house with this one. I never thought I would see the day when my 2 year old nephew to tell me he wants Brick House.

itune & CD in mama's car The Moose Song or the real title: Nothing to Lose by Josh Gracin: This is a classic case of getting the song lyrics wrong. He thinks instead of saying "She's got nothing to lose" it says "She's got nothing but moose". So when he wants this song he asks for the Moose song.

There are still hundreds of Itunes and 85 more songs on the paino to go through. One thing I will say is that he is pretty well rounded. He likes country, classical, kid songs, and rock n roll. Now if I could just find him a professional dance partner the boy is on his way to making it big!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

We soooo need to hook him up with my friend Jennifer's daughter, Kayla. He's actually only about 2 months older than her. She is a dancing fool herself. How the child doesn't fall over dizzy, I will never know.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home