Irrational Fears
Once again I find myself inspired by the gang at 98.9. Last night on my way home Phil, Drew and Kacey too were having people call in with their irrational fears. People were calling in with stuff like worms, spiders, grasshoppers, shrubs, stuffed animals, fish. Stuff like that. I later found out that Susan had called in with her irrational fear of mannequins. Good one Sus! Those mannequins at Kohl's last night were pretty scary. I think they were watching us walk down the aisles. I am sorry to say that I missed hearing her because while she was on I was sitting in my driveway crying after having just witnessed a dog killing a cat in the middle of the street right in front of me. I am not joking. It was horrible and there wasn't anything I could do. I am completely traumatized by that image. After that I was going to call in to the radio station with my new fear of dogs!
Here is my irrational fear: Sidewalk Grates
I have one word for you IT. If you haven't seen the Stephen King movie IT then you won't understand a part of where my fear of sidewalk grates comes from. You can't get much more scary than a clown luring children into the storm drains. What makes this fear so irrational you ask. Well, it's the fact that I refuse to walk over them. I will physically step over them or walk in the street to avoid having to walk over one of them. Anyone who knows I have this fear, finds it highly amusing. They will purposefully try and distract me so I end up walking over one or they stand in the middle of one jumping up and down.
That's fine people but when a big fat freaking clown reaches up and grabs you and pulls you into the city underground, I will not come looking for you, but I stand a fair distance away and say "I told you so!"

6 Comments:
All I can say is wow!
haha. I got nothin.
-bk-
I have no room to talk. I'm so scared of my attic that I still haven't gotten up there to figure out how the raccoon got in. Rationally, I know there really probably isn't anything up there, but I don't know what it is, but I just CANNOT make myself get up there and check things out. I'm sure someone's constant comments about the scary japanese kid from The Grudge doesn't help any.
Don't get me started on the attic, or hockey masks, or the elevators at Children's, shall I keep going.
Tams...that is a good one. He is freaky. I hate the one where he is in bed with the guy. Yuck!
Someone was telling me just recently that over 60% of the public is disturbed by their masscot. My question is, did they not use a focus group and even if they did and that many people are freaked out by him, why are they still using him?!?
You got me there. There must be some marketing value to it's creepiness. Kind of like the Carl's Jr. commercials. All they make be want to do is barf but yet they still keep running them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home