Good Gravy
Byron's parents were in town this weekend so on Sunday I went over to Tammy and Bryon's for lunch. We were having roast (the perfect Sunday dinner if you ask me.) Tammy was in the kitchen and she had just spooned some of the gravy into one of those plastic shaker cups with the pour spout when all of the sudden....
BOOM
Gravy exploded everywhere (luckily she wasn't hurt so I can laugh about it). She had put the lid on the hot liquid and the pressure made it explode. Of course Byron the engineer explained this using a lot bigger terms. Tammy started crying and hyperventilating. So Byron is in the kitchen with his hand over her mouth trying to get her breathing settled while Bobbie, Ed and I are wiping gravy off the floor, the rugs, the china hutch, the dishwasher, the chairs, you get the picture.
BOOM
Gravy exploded everywhere (luckily she wasn't hurt so I can laugh about it). She had put the lid on the hot liquid and the pressure made it explode. Of course Byron the engineer explained this using a lot bigger terms. Tammy started crying and hyperventilating. So Byron is in the kitchen with his hand over her mouth trying to get her breathing settled while Bobbie, Ed and I are wiping gravy off the floor, the rugs, the china hutch, the dishwasher, the chairs, you get the picture.
How unfortunate that from now on Tammy will forever be in Bryon's physics lectures on what not to do with hot liquid and a lid. I just wish I would have had the foresight to take some pictures to go along with the lecture. That's what sister are for after all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home