Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm Gonna Wash That Gray....

I have decided that it is a good thing my hair is already light colored or between my 2 nephew's (whom I love dearly) I would be completely gray.

Yesterday morning my brother called to tell me that Will had been admitted to the hospital. Jama had taken him to the doctor because he had a runny nose and had developed a bad cough. They found out he at RSV which is a respiratory virus. They also found that his oxygen levels were way low and this is what caused him to be admitted. I went to the hospital for a few hours after work last night and the poor little guy was all hooked up to wires including the tiniest little oxygen thing that goes in your nose. It was so sad.

Just fair warning...I am going to get sappy here, but just for a second.

I have discovered over the years a new found appreciation for my brother. His strong love for the Lord, his love for his wife, his amazing ability to talk his way out of anything, his sense of humor, his knowledge, and most recently his love for his son. I am not sure there is anything sweeter than watching a father protect his child. Even from an illness. As old and mothering as this sounds, I have never been more proud of him.

OK...now just so you don't think that "The Golden Child" has lost his sense of humor in all of this, I will tell you about our discussion while at the hospital. First of all, Will was wearing a tiny little hospital gown. Steve called it his "pimped out hospital gown" because it was velvet. Second, was while the respiratory nurse was in giving Will his breathing treatment. The discussion by Steve asking if they were going to have to suction Will's nose again. I have participated in enough suctioning in my life with Isacc's trach so I decided to leave before that began. While I was preparing to leave my brother without cracking a smile looks over at me and says....."I will give you $5 to let me suction your nose. The catch being, I get to do it for as long as I want."

Call it a great sense of humor. Call it stress. Call it lack of sleep. Call it whatever you want, I let him keep his $5.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have given 5 bucks to see that too...

Seriously, I hope Will recovers soon!

P.S. I had a great time Saturday night! See ya soon...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

My dad said the same thing. Of course he was laughing hysterically because he said he could picture the scene in his head. The $5 was tempting, and i have been dared to do worse, but I think the sound alone would have made me throw up. YUCK!

Saturday was AWESOME!!!! I plan to talk about it later this week. Maybe tomorrow.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home