One Ticked off Squirrel
A couple of weeks ago I caught my first attic dwelling squirrel.I knew I had caught him by the loud banging heard throughout the entire house. He was FIRED UP! I called Tammy and Bryon and Bryon, his dad and Isaac came over to get the squirrel. Byron asked me why I didn't go ahead and carry it down out of the attic and my response was the he was FIRED UP. Everytime I tried to go anywhere near him he would poke his little hands through the holes in the cage. Can you all not see his sharp little talon hands poking through the holes in this picture! The last thing I need to is to be scratched or bit by a rabid squirrel. I know what this squirrel was thinking...just let her come a little closer. So I decided to let Bryon handle the situation. Better him to get rabies that me right? Isaac on the other hand thought the squirrel was cute and named him Herman. However, as cute as he was the Rabid Herman was relocated to a nice new place.
A week ago Byron spent time on my roof trying to squirrel proof the attic. We thought we found the teny, tiny hole they were getting through. We reset the trap to catch any strays left in the attic and 2 days later I caught my second squirrel. Byron asked me if I could handle this one on my own. This was one wasn't as big as was a little more docile and didn't try to grab me through the little holes so I decided I could relocate this one myself. Byron told me to be sure and have something long like a ruler that I could push the trap door open with so my hand wouldn't be near the opening when the squirrel ran out. I looked around the house and all I could come up with was a screwdriver and a 12 inch long candy cane that was in my stocking at Christmas. You never have access to a ruler when you need one! I thought the candy cane was pretty ingenious myself. I didn't end up having to let it go myself after all, but at least I was prepared. So, the second squirrel was successfully relocated as well.
No thanks necessary Stacey and Erin for the relocation. You didn't really think it was a coincidence that you guys started having problems!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home