Bad Boys. Bad Boys. Whatca Gonna Do.
Coming soon to a TV station near you the Pebble Creek addition of COPS. I have been pulled over exactly 4 time in my driving life. The fact that 2 out of the 4 have been in my own neighborhood makes it annoying!
Stop #1: 122nd & Penn
I am heading home after having dinner with an old High School friend and I look in my review mirror and notice a cop sitting behind me at the stop light. When the light turns green, I turn. He turns. I drive down the street. He drives down the street. I got right to the entrance to my apartment at that time and he flips his lights on and pulls me over. He came to the window and told me that I was missing the year sticker on my tag. He asked me if I had paid my tags. I answered yes but then started second guessing myself. The I started floundering saying things like "I think I did." "I"m pretty sure I did." While he is back in his car I start digging in my glove box looking for anything that shows I had paid them. He finally comes back and tells me that his little cop car computer told him I was all paid up. I don't know why he didn't just mention that in the first place. He sat behind me long enough at the stop light to figure that out. I think he just wanted to see how I would react. I hope he was pleased that I acted like a ditz who couldn't remember if she paid her car tags. No ticket. Just a reminder to go and get a new one tomorrow so I wouldn't get stopped again.
Stop #2 2nd Street between Broadway and Kelley.
This pull over happened one Sunday afternoon after my near death experience on the Float Trip. No joke. I seriously almost died. So I blame this one on shock. I'm driving home and I get pulled over. The cop asks me if I know why I got pulled over. I said, "I was probably speeding." He said "yes ma'am you were going 45 in a 35". He asked me why I was speeding. I answered him honestly. I said, "to tell you the truth, I didn't realize I was speeding. I was looking at those flowers over there wondering what kind they were and how expensive they might be and how many it would take to fill my flower beds. Then I was thinking about stopping at the Sonic up ahead and trying to decide if I wanted a lime diet coke or a regular diet coke. A small or a large." He just stood there and listened to me and then just told me to slow down next time. I decided after that one that he was so bored by my rambling on and on that he didn't want to stick around to write me a ticket for fear I would start talking again.
Stop #3 Pebble Creek Neighborhood
I was coming home one night and I am driving down the street in my neighborhood and I get pulled over by a cop. I have decided that nothing is more embarrassing than getting pulled over in your own neighborhood, well maybe not as embarrassing as spilling Hazelnut coffee all over a stranger, but still pretty embarrassing. He comes to my window and asked if I know what the speed limit in a residential neighborhood is. I said 25 and then I asked how fast I was going. He said 30. Then told me to slow down and he let me go.
Stop #4 Pebble Creek Neighborhood
A few months later, I am coming home and I get pulled over again. One time means lay low and the neighbors will eventually forget. Twice is grounds for moving or getting kicked out of the Homeowners Association. He comes to my window. Different cop thank goodness. He says "ma'am, we have had a lot of complaints about speeding in this neighborhood and I had some spare time so I am just sitting here asking people to slow down and be careful." I asked him how fast I was going and he said he clocked me at 27. You have got to be joking! 30 I can understand but 27. COME ON! While I appreciate the fact that I live in a nice safe neighborhood where the streets are speed controlled, I wanted to ask him where they were when the little kid was spray painting the side of my house or when the kids took stuff out of my back yard and destroyed it on my front lawn or the time I found a knife in my mailbox and the cop blew if off as "oh, someone must have put it in the wrong box." COME ON!
Last night they were once again in the neighborhood but I managed to escape without so much as a warning. The poor guy who flew by me going the other direction was not so lucky. Good luck buddy, I wrote your tag down to report to the Homeowners Assocation.

2 Comments:
Suzy I can't believe you. I got pulled over for the first time the other day on that road behind Old Navy at Quail Springs. There is a spot where you turn and it goes from 40 to 25, well of course I didn't know that and there was the cop just waiting for me. He clocked me at 38, going under what I thought the speed limit was. He asked me why I was driving so fast (fast, since when is 38 fast and this is not even a residential street) and I told him I thought I was actually going under the speed limit. He wrote me a ticket that is costing me $161. When I drove off he was sitting in the same place waiting for another poor soul. Jerk.
Sorry Holly. Have you tried donating to the Policeman's Fund? Just kidding, I have never done that either. I guess I just somehow manage to get the understaning ones.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home