I Am In Love
Calm down everyone. It is not what you think.
I just spent 3 days in Kansas City with 600 American Cancer Society Relay for Life volunteers and staff. Picture if you will 600 people in one room with a passion for finding a cure for cancer. It was like a High School Pep Rally all weekend. My nerves are frayed today and I am WORN OUT physically and emotionally....but it was absolutely incredible. It is amazing to me how one weekend can be filled with so many emotional moments and then also filled with so much hope and celebration. That is what Relay for Life is all about.
....but Suzy....we don't understand how you are in love.....stop the suspense.
The American Cancer Society put us up in the Crowne Plaza Westin. Oh my stars! It was incredible. All of our meetings were in the various ballrooms scattered throughout the hotel and they treated us so good. By budget is more along the lines of Motel 6 and if I am lucky enough to be sharing a room with someone maybe a Holiday Inn Express.
I LOVED MY BED! I couldn't sleep last night in my own bed because I got so spoiled this past weekend. Each night I would go back to my room and snuggle down in the most amazing down blankets and comforter and 4 large down pillows. I slept with all 4 pillows every night. I would just fall back in a haze of softness and when I would wake up I would be in the same position that I fell asleep in.
Then that nasty 6 a.m. wake up call would come. I must apologize to the Westin Wake Up Call Recording for my rudeness. I realize you were just doing the job you were programmed to do. Sorry!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home