Things That Go Bump In the Night
Whatever is living in my attic has returned. The weather is getting cooler and the attic is getting cooler so the creature or creatures who had moved out for the summer have now returned. I never notice it, them, whatever, until I am laying in bed trying to sleep and I can hear them up there running around, scratching, plotting. Sometimes I lay there and try to figure out what could possibly be living up there and how it, them, whatever, managed to get in. Here are a few of my conclusions.
1. My China Doll. I know it's not her up there. I checked the closet and she is still sitting safely on the shelf and to my knowledge she still hasn't learned to open doors. Now that doesn't mean she doesn't have an accomplice. She has one that lives at Tammy's house and I know Tammy's doll is someplace it can get out and let's face it, they don't live that far apart.
2. Clown Puppets. It could be a bunch of clown puppets with knifes. This isn't my imagination. I saw a movie about it once. A clown puppet got possessed and they thought by cutting it's strings it would stop him, so it had to drag it's little possessed clown body across the floor with one hand a knife. So you could hear it coming. Hand.....Knife.....Drag Hand.....Knife......Drag Hand....Knife.....Drag.
3. Spiders. I am not talking about your normal size spiders. I am talking your Jumanji sized spiders. They were big enough that you could hear the click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click (is that 8?) of their eight legs. This could be a good possibility considering that I walked through a gigantic spider web that was built across my front door last night. (note...never look at the mail while walking to the front door) I FREAKED!!!!!! I had decorated for Halloween and didn't even know it. Who needs Party America and their expensive decorations.
4. A Stalker. My dear sweet brother-in-law who is always so helpful in these situations once suggested that maybe it was a stalker. As if that didn't make me stay awake night after night staring at the vent above my bed wondering if I was being recorded or if they were waiting until I went to sleep so they could stand over me and watch me sleep. I often wonder what I look like sleeping but I really don't want to see it on the Internet or an episode of CSI.
5. Rats. When this first started happening, my initial thought was rats or mice. So being the brave person that I am I went up the attic stairs with a flashlight and a huge chunk of D-Con. I made it up the stairs and started towards the back of the house where my Heat/Air system is located. I made it halfway got freaked. Chucked the D-Con and ran. D-Con is still there. Not rats.
6. Squirrels. I don't know how the sneaky little creatures get in but the noise that I hear leads me to believe that is what is up there. That and the fact that one of the lights on my alarm is now blinking. I can speak from experience on this one. The squirrel here at the office managed to get in the attic and chewed the alarm wires. The cops kept coming out. It was a real problem. My dad went up there with me one day. OK....I stayed at the top stairs while dad went further back but I was still there to call 911 (when I woke up) if he got attacked. He didn't see anything and we didn't see any open spots or signs or any kind of creature. Sneaky little creatures. I can hear them running at night and let me tell you they need pedicures.
7. My Imagination. I think my family is chalking it up to my imagination. When I mention what I hear they just look at me blankly and then I see these sideway glances going around the table. Then one of them will ask me...."What else do you hear Suzy."
You all are going to regret it when I am a victim of a clown killing!

4 Comments:
Girl! There is nothing scarier than china dolls! All of my china dolls are in a tight bag inside a sealed box in my garage so that they cannot get out and get me. It gives me the chills just thinking about their pasty faces and blue eyes.
-Rach
I KNOW!!!! That is why mine is in the closet. I know her little stubby arms can't reach the door knob (or can they). I even have her turned facing the wall so she won't watch me as I am picking out my clothes.
Clown puppets are awesome. I hope you have one living in your attic!!!
If I do it won't be living there for long. As soon as I can get the knife away from it I am bringing it to your house.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home