Sushi for Beginners

Laugh everyday, it's like inner jogging!

Monday, October 10, 2005

If A Tree Fell In The Wilderness Would Anyone Hear It?

I am a bad Oklahoman. When I do most of my traveling it isn't to places in Oklahoma. I have driven by the Turner Falls/Chickasaw Recreational Area many times but have never stopped. I finally had the opportunity on Saturday to spend some time hiking the "wilderness area" around Turner Falls.

Now, I realize that for someone who lives in Oregon or Colorado this area might not be anything special but I think for Oklahoma I thought it was a beautiful area. I will admit that I was a little disappointed that the only wildlife I saw were 2 armadillos. One of them ran and the other one just froze like if I don't move they won't see me. However, I will admit it was nice to see one running through the trees and not smashed on the side of the highway.

When we were at Turner Falls we kept getting passed by motorcycles. I don't just mean one or two I mean gangs of motorcycles. Outside the general store was a group of what I would call "biker chicks." One of them was wearing a T-Shirt that said BIKER CHICK WITH PMS. Now granted she was older than my mom but I still don't think I would want to end up in a fight with her. Especially if she really did have PMS. Besides, rule number one is never get into it with a gang of biker chicks. We soon discovered the reason for all the geriatric bikers. We hiked to the top of the falls and saw a huge banner welcoming the Christian Motorcycle Association. It was so cute. There were motorcycles everywhere. They had a little biker band playing music and they had booths set up where you could buy bandanas. It was an amazing sight to see and all of them older than my parents. (no offense mom and dad but I just can't see you guys in leather chaps riding a motorcycle.)

So in answer to the question I started with....If a tree fell in the wilderness would you be able to hear it. The answer is yes I would have heard it but chance are I wouldn't have been able to lift my screaming leg muscles over the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home