I'm Thirsty
Once a month I get this little 8 page publication called OKC Marketing News. It usually features new businesses that are opening, auto sales for the month, home sales, you know, stuff like that. The following paragraph was in the one I received yesterday.
Oklahoma City Wins Water Taste Award
OKC has won this year’s “Best of the Best” water taste in an annual competition with judges chosen by the American Water Works Association, a leading water research and advocacy group. A good drinking water should have a neutral taste but still be refreshing and quench thirst, said Mike McGuire, one of the contest’s judges. McGuire said the city’s water tasted “very much like some of the bottled waters I’ve tasted, appearing to be low in minerals and very refreshing, very clean taste.” OKC’s water made it to the competition, held during the association’s annual convention in Toronto last month, after winning a regional tasting competition earlier this year.
Are you kidding me? Are there seriously competitions like this out there and furthermore why is the American Water Work Association holding their convention in Toronto, Canada. All I can picture when I read this is some guy sitting on an airplane heading to Toronto, with a bottle of water handcuffed to his wrist so that no one can steal OKC’s water recipe.
My all time favorite quote is “a good drinking water should have a neutral taste but still be refreshing and quench thirst.” Duh! It’s water!
Maybe I’m just jealous because Edmond didn’t win. Did we even enter?

1 Comments:
I love water. I would be perfect for this test. They should have called me. I could have given my opinion...it's worth alot.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home